Thread: Aggro meter use
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I kinda have the same opinion, "so what."

Granted, I would have liked to have had this when I was raiding cutting edge content.

Grouped with my boxes, I just don't care. Occasionally, when I'm slacking, I'll lose aggro to a caster crit bomb; but I already "knew" that was a potential risk and when it does occur, the aggrometer doesn't tell me anything different than HoTT.

I believe it has limited use due to the way aggro works. I can't recall a time when I *ever* lost aggro due to creep; i.e. aggro generated due to consistent dps . .. 80% aggro, 90% aggro, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... oops, HoTT changes. If aggro worked like that, or one was such a terribly geared or unskilled player they were losing aggro due to creep, I could see the benefit.

More often than not, HoTT changes due to a crit or active use of a disc, where it jumps from 10% or 20% to 100%. In that case, the aggrometer is useless. The only alternative is to use a taunt, terror or disc of your own.

The only thing I've found the aggrometer useful for is providing another reason to complain about my tank merc.

firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote