Old 12-23-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Overloading

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjengel
I kinda grasp waht you are asking for.
You want to be able to say.. Change the Color of the Gauge without having to go in to the specific UI file of that window and changing the color coding, so that the Color of say Casting Gauge is Always PINK no mater what UI are you using (correct me if I am wrong)

Not quite.
What I'm lookin at would allow someone to modify a specific part of the UI, e.g. the casting bar, WITHOUT having to have everything else that is also contained in the casting bar .xml file. You would have a file containing ONLY your specific changes.

Quote:
Problem is this would cause a tremendous server wide lag with people using customs mods, because every time someone logged in or zoned in, the Server itself would have to do a search for the specific changes in not just the custom UI folder but also the defualt UI folder and this Custom Gauges Folder as well, which would cause more LAG and MORE Server slow run time..

The UI has nothing to do with the server. All UI processing is entirely local.
Not sure why you think someone else logging in would have an effect on your ui ?

Quote:
But enough with that, simply put it is a great Idea that would be kool to have implemented, but it is not something I see Sony working on at all in the future. Just not enough people asking for Hey let me Change my Gauges Without Learning XML guys.. They hear too much about HEY I want more Content or Hey I want Kooler Loot, that is what they work on....
Sorry to say, but they always seem to quell the mass riot before they even think about the 1 or 2 guys in the back asking for something easy.

This dosen't mean you don't have to learn XML. It simply means that if you wan't to make a very small change to 1 line, you don't have to include 500 lines of code simply because they happen to be in the same .xml file.

Ang
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote