View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:59 AM   #10
lcalabrese
A Hill Giant

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Lightbulb A little off-topic, but...

Heh, glad you like it. Anything you think is missing or screwy?
(Glad someone decided to read it through too - now if only SOE would do the same...)

Quote:
Theres just one other thing that I would love to see from SoE.... Give us the tool they use to make UI's !!!! I can't believe they run the EQ client to see UI mods.

I agree with you 100%. My guess is they use some kind of stripped-down version of eqgame.exe that just does the UI rendering, but I've got no idea. It would be nice to not have to have a character logged on to test the UI, have it take forever to reload skins, etc.

Quote:
oh, one other thing... fix the 10 ui reloads = client crash bug !!!!

So is that it?!? I never bothered to count, I just watch the HDD light on my system with fingers crossed. If it reads about 4 or so times a second, I breathe a sigh of relief. If it stays on, constantly reading, I start cursing and sometimes throw something across the room and wait the 3+ minutes for it to decide there's been a ghost-error and tell me to look in the uierrors file for the error that didn't get reported. Then I wait for the bloody thing to load up again, only to tell me to wait another minute for the server to remove my now LD'd character. I thought at first it was some kind of file-lock error or something. How did this one slip under SOE's radar!?

Has anyone bothered petitioning SOE about this? I can't be the only one who's really "" and "" about this!
lcalabrese is offline   Reply With Quote