View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by valaury3169
Does anyone find this new feature useful? If so, how? In my experience so far, most of the information seems meaningless. If I am playing a tank, my main concern is whether I am in danger of losing the mobs attention, and chossing to expend a special aggro generating ability to avoid that. However, my number can be anything from 25 on, and the mob still is hitting me. I now have to compare my number to the rest and see how close someone else is to my number, whatever that may be. Too much math on the fly. Not to mention that proximity doesn't seem to be factored in. Pets typically occupy the 'second most hated' label (on the tank) or a merc if it is anyone else.

Maybe I am missing something, but the numbers just seem like a jumbled mess, and I am more effective if I just ignore the numbers and play by instinct that I learned from the last 13 years of playing.

The only reason I bring it up is that I modified my personal pieces to display the information, but I am seriously considering yanking them because they come across as clutter.

Does anyone have any advice?

The advantage is quite obvious. It allows players to max out on DPS with zero risk of drawing aggro. And yes shilling, it does provide hate values to each player in the form of percentages to being at the top of the hate list. (zero to 100% with 100% meaning you now have aggro!)

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote