View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 04:18 PM   #11
Eldritch_goth
A Gray Wolf

Server: vazaelle
Send a message via Yahoo to Eldritch_goth
Talking But We're still evil too....

Okay...here's the deal... this is the same garbage that people have been saying about Dungeons & Dragons for years, only now these freaked out parents are blaming EQ, Half-Life, Pokemon, and Harry Potter for their kids' "unusual" behavior.
Now I'm not saying that EQ is not addictive (cause it sure is, bugger all) but anybody that is gonna kill themselves and/or others because of a bloody game or because of KISS or AC/DC or because they read a book about a little boy that can do magic were probably a little off their rocker in the first place, and may have ended up doing the same thing if they played tiddleywinks and listened to Pat Boone and Rosemary Clooney.
I'm sorry but i get tired of this sort of thing bouncing into the media spotlight every so often. It is really unfortunate that some people feel the need to demonize anything they don't understand, becuase it may cause some people that would really enjoy this game to turn away because they are affraid of some CBS new report. It really is a shame.
Sorry about the rant. Its just something i feel strongly about ever since the crap i had to go through after the demonization of the goth scene after Columbine. Tragic events may happen, but I get sick of ppl trying to use stuff like this as an excuse instead of looking for some real answers.
32 Enchanter
Vazaelle
Eldritch_goth is offline   Reply With Quote