View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 04:43 PM   #14
Thangor
A Snow Cougar

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default The "American" way

Honestly what it comes down to is that people are always looking for someone else to blame for things. Take this mother for an example... she doesn't want to blame her son, so she tries to place blame on someone else.

These days kids are padded up and armored to the core just to ride their bike. When I was a kid, kids were kids... they get hurt, they fall down... all kinds of things happened. However, it wasn't sensationalized by the media like it is today. Kids are a LOT more resiliant then people give them credit for.

As for all this media stuff... well... to be honest, I don't really care much for any of the major broadcasting companies. Seems like most the time they're trying to make a big deal out of nothing in the pursuit of the evergreen dollar. It gets old pretty fast. Why don't they try talking about good news sometime. 99% of news shows should be called "More Bad News"... Hell... part of the reason I enjoy playing EQ so much is that it's more fun then watching TV most the time (Except "Iron Chef"... because that show rocks... and "Junkyard Wars" heheh)... but I think my point is made... this sort of thing is just dumb.