Thread: Eqim
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #71
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi
i wanted to know...WHY THE **** DID YOU LIE ABOUT THE PROGRESSION. you guys said will be able to experience it as if it were 1999 NOT 2006 the LEAST you couldve done was taken the PoK book out why were you so ****ing lazy

This isn't really an issue of laziness. If you want them to go ahead and completely re-write the game as is, and run the progression servers on a totally different set of coding than the normal game (and have to re-work the old bugs they did smooth out from newer content every single time an expansion went up -- the coding for that would be different at the onset of each expansion, as compared to how it is now), expect them to pull down Combine and Sleeper, and maybe you might hear of the idea resurfacing within a couple years.
Also, they didn't lie. They proposed the idea as a drawback to earlier times by taking out the content exclusive to each expansion. If you had every expansion but PoP (I'm aware PoK isn't limited to those with PoP registered only, bear with my example), you would still see the books there, anyway, on a standard server.
A quote from a dev to better illustrate this: "First, this is specifically not a classic server. We are not attempting to revert EQ back to its original state. Not only is that a technical impossibility, but the nostalgia people have is due more to it being the first large persistent world that people encountered than any specific gameplay mechanic that has since been changed. That feeling is no more able to be recaptured than the feeling of a first kiss."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumi
email me a reply at [email protected], or i will go to youre damn president. i have contacts that have his email/number and would gladly give it to me. i WILL WILL WILL complain straight to him and it may not be much but youll be LOSING 7 eq1 accounts and 4 swg accounts

You can complain to every single person at SOE...it's not something that's going to be changed. It would take an overbearingly long period of time and a waste of resources that would be put to better use (maybe trying to work on bugs? :P). You can quit, and hundreds of others could follow suit...but the only way you're getting back the game as it was, down to the last detail, is to construct a time machine, or run an emulated server and re-code the entire game yourself. I think it's also apparent that Smedley (the president of SOE) cares much less about the community than the devs do...remember the whole ordeal with the third-gen models back in mid to late 2004, anyone? :P

I'm not taking SOE's side on this, but you really are, forgive my language, up **** creek with this gripe. If you want to complain, go for something realistic. Example: Removing the quest drops for the newbie armour quests that were introduced into the starter zones with Legacy of Ykesha. The quests are removed, for now, until later content gets unlocked (I won't say until LoY gets unlocked, because they may decide to release the quests back into the world prior, in the meantime), but the drops still drop. Hell, the MObs that are there exclusively for the quests (arboreans in Greater Faydark being a good example) are still there. Aside from a couple menial items you can sell off, they have no real purpose, prior to those quests.

Also, this is NOT the place for this discussion...if you want to complain about it, start a new thread here or in SOE's forums. Aside from the fact that EQIM is long-dead (and hence, this thread also) in SOE's eyes, this thread is simply about EQIM, not the "what minor details I shouldn't let ruin my game's enjoyment now!" thread.

I agree with you...it'd be nice, to see things of that nature pulled, and while it's not impossible, it is HIGHLY improbable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi
youll be LOSING 7 eq1 accounts and 4 swg accounts

Unless those are all friends, if you're paying for them individually, you are paying too much. Hehe.

"Now he comes again, death on his heels, his eyes cold and hard; a mask to hide a thing that should not be. He is strength, fury, hate and peace all, and he is none...he is invincible."
- Seifer Dan`nodel (Book V: [no title, yet]; Chapter VII: Visions Within a Dream)
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote