View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #32
Laffs
A Treant

Well I must admit, I see it from Danny's point of view also so /agree .... and also from a programing side of it yes /agree as well , I may be a dumbass with this new stuff but back in the 80's I was pretty good lol, And yes the effort has gone into eq2 from what i have read / played on both games.....

I know im going to get flamed for this but I will spit it anyways !

To me Eq is a 5 year old game they add new content etc and lately its been more like adding stuff that Eq2 has like ldons have instances etc so does Eq2 , and now the guild type stuff is getting added in the new expansion, so they are updateing a 5 year old game with new stuff for the sake of players that wish to stay with Eq and give them a near Eq2 like game without the move to Eq2 , so its either a publicity stunt for Eq2 or and update to keep Eq running for those who dont want to move on..

Personaly I play both I am GL of what was a large guild, (due to some losses to eq2) , And I love Eq2 its much better in my personal opinion, but a lot of my guildies dont want to move so i enjoy both games, and take them at face value realy, So to be honest new zones and content to Eq and updates to me looks like they trying to keep this in line......... You want better grafix etc goto Eq2 move on with the times........ Unlike one other online adventure game company who brought out version 2 and stopped all updates to the old one, but they did move your char for free to the new game if you so wished lol I hand them that, But the old game with its cartoon like grafix did not matter it was down to playabilty of the game not what it looked like ... and for me in version 2 it looked good yes but was not the same...

So realy me thinks you want s**t hot grafix go play Eq2

Yes this contradicts my last posts, but my point there was the cash / resources involved in not updating player chars etc ..... I am not very good at expressing what I mean, so I hope you guys can see what my point is before you flame my ass lol

Good time to FD me thinks lol
Laffs is offline   Reply With Quote