View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 02:07 PM   #29
Earthscum
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Quellious
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Earthscum Send a message via Yahoo to Earthscum

This is actually a pretty simple concept. You have the first file that EQ looks for (that's modifiable) and you use it to include only what your mod or skin uses, plus the other EQUI file. Since it already loaded some stuff from the custom file, it won't load it from the original EQUI. If Verant changes anything in the EQUI file, it won't matter because you aren't eliminating it from your file processing. Same with the animations file. You can do a custom animations file (EQUI_Animations_Spec.XML) that is called before the other animations file, but the original EQUI_Animations still stays intact and updateable. Basically, the EQUI.xml fix is working off that same principal.

What I was doing (pain in the butt if you ask me) was taking the windows that were grouped together (ie, swapping stuff around between Player, Pet, Grouup, and Target) and looking in the EQUI file to see which it loaded up first. In this case, it would be the Group window, so I was using that window to define the animations for those three windows. But, I ran into a problem of wanting to reuse some graphics in the buff window, which got loaded first and wouldn't have a definition for the custom graphics, so I had to move all that info from the group window to the buff window. I have about 3 out of 6 XML files that don't have animation definitions now. This will fix it so I don't have to have animation definitions in ANY of my files except the custom animations :-)