View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 AM   #38
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

awesome changes!

i noticed they went to a dss file format, which i'm not sure how to substitute various files to get back the old look and feel. main things i'm trying to figure out is:
  • old button borders used a tga file but doesn't seem to take on the new system
  • default spell icons/spell gems (deleting the custom ones just leaves teh graphic blank)
  • the custom potion belt that you made me only shows 3 potions (possible to size them down to fit in atleast 4 or maybe 5?)
  • deleted the target indicator.ini and the tga's associated with it but like the spell icons/gems i can't get rid of it.
  • some folks i'm sure like myself don't have a widescreen display, so i'm wondering if its possible to make an spell gem bar that is 2 spell columns wide that match the height of the new player window to make the placement of those two windows interchangeable. (the original combat ability window for melee discs too would need stretched taller)
  • deleting the eqbutton xml file makes the icon disappear instead of get rid of the textured border (just don't have the room for it in my display)
  • the new target window with buffs rocks, but i could see alot more flexibility if it matched a common window size scheme. for example if you trimmed or scaled it down just a hair, you could place it above the player window if it were the same width. thats personally the best spot i can put it at i think

i was skeptical of the color changing health bars but they look pretty good and i especially like the new bar graphics themselves!

i attatched the custom files you made for me that didn't seem to make it into your upload. they seem to work fine still and no issues there

thanks for all the hardwork hal and everyone that assisted.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_Inventory.xml (67.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml (17.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_PotionBeltWnd.xml (9.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (107.5 KB, 1 views)
Getti Lee is offline   Reply With Quote