View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 07:24 PM   #37
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Default PROGRESS

Work in progress, 28 Oct 2002 : EFFECTS WINDOW

Here you can see the buff window in game, after I asked some fellas in the Nexus to throw me all the crappy buffs they could spare

The colored background are a bit rough, and I find the icons really small, but I'll live.. maybe I 'll have a different version with just bigger icons and no text (as you can use Alt). This will have to be judged at beta phase when I receive enough feedback on it.

I personally would go for just icons, bigger, icons, as you can use the ALT key to show the names. The problem I was having is to have an arrangement you either need 5 rows of 3 icons, or you get 2 columns of 7 buffs plus one hanging somewhere.. if I use 5 rows of 3 icons, they still need to be smaller than 40x40, but I dont think the names will show properly with ALT when I have 3 buffs per row.. I have not tested this yet. I'm just SO IMPATIENT to do the inventory lol

See actual resolution here (1024x768)
(jpeg compressed, ~80kb)
SCREENSHOT

Btw, somehow I couldnt debuf myself (snare, root, tangling weeds, flamelick ..) even after removing some buffs.. it said 'You are protected from blabla..' so you dont see the RED background on the pic.. but trust me.. it's red ! :P

PS: Brueno Nothing on her back hehe, I just like to play in external view at least 50pct of the time, everytime I run around I use external view (tap F9 3 times) the view which you can steer left/right your character, also during fights I find it more interesting to wath my character fight, and it is more relaxing because the camera shakes a lot in first person during combat..

So I just remember I tap the F9 key 3 times then 2 times, then 3 times then 2 times etc.. I quickly tap 2 times to get in first person if I need to reposition or taunt something off someone, and this ... just because the 3rd view is Bugged and clicking a target doesnt work well, for example if you want to open a door sometime you have to go in 1st person to click it, even using the 'use' key in 3rd person will not work because that stupid game actually look at the center of the screen and sees your characyter's back instead of the door.. that is a stupid bug I filed already but nobody cares oh well