Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: this file is way to big

Quote:
Originally posted by Fyree

snip
If you would like to Make it better i have figured out a way for you to do it AND make it ALOT smaller, (as in 20-40k per class) download my druid spell list to get the idea of what i mean (its 19.3k) and has back links that take you to the druid level listings, i am currently working on the cleric and enchanter spells list (and enchanter Research is done now and will be uploaded soon as i finish this post) once i get all of the different classes done i will be making one like spoofys (the whole set of all classes) but alot more user friendly.
/snip

Yours is significantly smaller, several things it does not provide though.
1) No alpha listing - If I don't know the spell level I have to guess until I find it.
2) No spell effect messages - Wow, what was that spell I just got hit with ? What class can cast it ? The second part is very handy when figuring out strategy for taking down caster mob X

Those two right there far outweigh the difference in d/l file size, space on disk size, and the no back link in Foofy's spell list imho.
That being said, if I was on dial-up I would probably would not d/l Foofy's list every time it gets patched due to the size of the download. But I am on cable, so the d/l is insignificant and HD space is cheap so that is not an issue either (I haven't exceed 50% capacity on a HD since I tried to update my Win95 to Win98 on a 1.2GB HD.)

Thanks FennyX for a very useful mod (even if some peeps don't like it, at ~10000 d/l as of this post, its obvious ALOT of people do, myself included.)
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote