View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #21
lunasveil
A Ghoul

Yes I am certain that I did. The day of expansion release I logged in to find that my entire hotbar was totally disabled. I couldn't do a thing with it and none of my hotbuttons were showing. I spent between the 15th at 7pm and this afternoon trying to figure it out and finally just had a very quiet primal scream moment in my head and just patched over the default to my custom losing all the cool stuff but at least I could go out and xp

I have a friend who has helped me patch my UI in the past and has taught me some stuff as well as some hands on learning I've done myself with WinMerge and some reading online. I couldn't find a thing about this anywhere and my friend doesn't have any idea how to do it either. So I am very much sort of flying by the seat of my pants here and at present my best idea is creating another hotbar, assigning my ammo slot and 4 bags as the items for that spot and recreating the stats window graphic and graphical frame of the bar itself.

I am fairly certain that won't work at all but do not know what else to do. My MO in the past with xml has been if I know what part does what I can figure things out. Like I learned about positioning bag slots with the X and Y coordinates etc...

The other thing I considered as a possibility was simply figuring how what the name of the graphics file is and patching it into the new hotbuttons window xml?

Anyone have suggestions for a good starting point?
lunasveil is offline   Reply With Quote