Thread: naked women
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 12:33 PM   #5
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

Even the great fantasy artist Julie Bell paints most the fantasy females in her pictures with revealing, sexy, or "impossible" clothing.

It's one of those things that becomes implied when you see the word "fantasy"

Not all women have DD's or bigger, not all women have that tiny of waists, and not all women prefer to run about scantily clad, and they aren't all athletically built/toned.

The same goes for men too, to be completely fair. Not all men run about with arms that make bobdy builders look average. Nor do they often wear such odd garments, are covered in tatoos, or stand well over 6 feet tall.

I'm not saying you're wrong for not wanting to see that kind of imagery, so don't think that. You are entitled to your opinions and you don't have to look at anything you don't like. There are plenty of options out here with no females in the graphics.

What I am saying, however, is that going into something of a fantasy genre and expecting NOT to find anything like what you complain about. It's a part of the fantasy genre as much as dragons and spellcasting is. Mainly, because it's fantasy.

It could, afterall, be worse. We could be skipping the fantasy artwork, and just get live models...which tends to get even worse. ;p

I would also like to point out that many female fantasy authors depict their female characters in such a manner as well. In addition, there are a lot of women that work in the video game industry. I can think of a few instances where they themselves have worked on, designed, or maybe even produced a game with females that are larger than life and not nearly as clothed.

You're not wrong to not like it, just don't condemn us for it, and try to find another graphic or artist who doesn't use such imagery.
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote