View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 08:36 PM   #9
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Really the only thing I found i needed to chnge was to raise the chat windows to be a bit larger and alter the viewport to fit.

I designed the border of the chat windows to be thicker on the top than the other sides so that I could pull them higher to see more lines at need, while preventing accidental resize on the sides. Most of the time, I find the 12 lines adequate, but I bring them all the way up the window when I do things like talk to quest NPCs in Knowledge.

Personally, I resist resizing the viewport to other than a 4:3 ratio, because that loses field of vision. My first attempts at a UI had all of the panels in the bottom third of the screen and the 3D world in the top 2/3. This drove me up the wall because I felt like I was staring through a narrow eye slit and I had to pitch up and down all the time to see things.

On the other hand, if you make the whole window smaller, but preserve the aspect ratio, the whole world gets rendered smaller, so it's harder to get close up detailed views of people and stuff. It's a trade off.

Quote:
I cant seem to be able to move the chat windows. I can move everything else but when i try to click on the chat windows i dont get the 4 way cursor to move them =(

The chat window doesn't have a title bar, so you don't ever get the option to move the whole window. You have to resize it into place instead.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote