Thread: Aggro meter use
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by danille
The advantage is quite obvious. It allows players to max out on DPS with zero risk of drawing aggro. And yes shilling, it does provide hate values to each player in the form of percentages to being at the top of the hate list. (zero to 100% with 100% meaning you now have aggro!)

That's the problem though, 100 does not mean you have agro. As a boxer, I can confirm with certainty that the person with the highest number has aggro, but that number can be well below 100. I can also tell you that as a tank, I can be at 100, and the next lowest can be less than 80, and getting pushed out of melee range will instantly drop me off the top of the list.

I need to know how far above everyone I am. If I am barely above the next person, I'll load up on abilities until I have a cushion. If I have a cushion, I can conserve endurance. The numbers don't seem to convey that. Sometimes I can step backwards (usually in an attempt to reposition the mob), my aggro is high enough that it will follow me.Sometimes it will give up on me and switch to someone else. Looking at the numbers will not indicate to me which will occur if I back up. Whether they are at 20 or 80 doesn't seem to indicate whether they will stay on me or not.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote