View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #153
Mortwuk
A Fire Beetle

Default Can't read the compass on Solaria

I'm still a UI novice but after trying a few I must say that the whole Vert/Solaria series has been by FAR my favorite. I love the look and feel of it all and I can't see how I can ever again use some other one with large kludgy buttons. You guys are Great! Please keep up the good work, and I'll spread the word of your wonders.

that being said (you know this was coming right?) I've looked around and I can't quite seem to fix this...the compass in my sol UI is essentially unreadable. the letters are small and greyish, and even with my glasses on the difference between a W and an N is unclear unless I stare at it to the point of eyestrain. I've gone out and tried to grab another one of those ugly but easy to read compasses (larger, ugly light backgroup, clear dark letters) but when I drop them in it seems like it gets ignored and I still just get the SOL compass. HELP! Is there a clearer sol compass out there. Here is an example of what I see as clearer and easier to read (though perhaps not as nice looking)

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1734

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong (likely) but any help either finding a new compass or in helping get the one I have to read clearer would be greatly appreciated.