View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 12:38 PM   #1
ArkonFerat
A Treant

Server: Al'Kabor
Send a message via AIM to ArkonFerat Send a message via Yahoo to ArkonFerat
Default An Idea!

Hey folks...

I'm just back to EQ after a year or so away, and this time I'm playing on my Mac.

So, I've been looking around for a UI I can bring over to that side that meets all the things I want in a UI...

But, while there are some great ones out there, they just aren't really doing the job. Most UIs I see seem very similar, at least in their general construction. They're all very boxy, and they all seem to conform to the "dashborad" look and feel.

I'm thinking about something a little more spacious... particularly in regard to the bottom of the screen!

We don't have windowed mode on the Mac yet, so even with a thin "dashboard" UI I still have to look down a lot to see what I'm attacking when it's close. And, I have to have a lot of transparency going on in order to loot or follow paths... and it makes text really hard to read...

So, I'm thinking about something with a layout like this:

CornerUI_sketch

Mind you, the lines aren't for actual/necessary shape, just for position and layout. I'd really like to know what you all think, particularly whether or not it will work. And, if there is anyone out there who might be willing to lend some assistance in helping me build it, as I really don't know as much as I should to do so (but, I'm still going to give it a shot).

Caio!
ArkonFerat is offline   Reply With Quote