Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Upgrading to HoT - Questions

I am trying to update my UI, and I have a few questions I was hoping folks could help with. I have just recently bought HoT (I mean... more bag space!!) which included UF that I didn't have.

1. How many Extended Targets are active? I only see 5, and I am assuming that is all at this time, but the default window defines 20, and I want to be sure that there is no AA or something that increases beyond 5.

2. (Unrelated to HoT or UF) Can you 'stretch' a gauge? I have in the past, used a mod for the target window that resized the gauge as you resized the window. I have tried both anchoring and explicit sizing, and it still doesn't resize the gauge. If it is possible to stretch the graphic, can anyone shed light on what I may be missing? I'd rather not go through all of the effort to create a new graphic of the size I need if possible.

3. Can potion belt animations be moved to another window, and continue to function normally? I am guessing they can, but confirmation can save me some work.

Thanks in advance for your time.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
Tiane
A Hill Giant

1. the extended target window can be... extended... by aa's.

Dunno the answers to the other two.
Tiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

there are only 7 visible if you buy both aa of eyes wide open..sony originaly planned on more so they wrote them in but they arent active...wether they go active in the future is a mystery.

gauges can be stretched do not use static sizes use offsets

anything with an eqtype can be moved to another window....anything without an eqtype can only exist in its native window

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I managed to get everything HoT compliant. Thanks for your help.

Just a note, you can use explicit sizing to 'stretch' a gauge. I was using offsets, and it just wasn't working (until I discovered that <AutoStretch> is case sensitive) so I ended up explicitily defining the gauge to the size I wanted. It worked fine so I left it that way.

Now that I am compliant, I wanted to tweak some of the graphics. I remember one of the releases mentioned that there is now an option to 'tile' images rather than the default of stretch. This would come in handy for use with fancy borders, but allows the windows to be resizable. Has anyone played with that yet? Any advice?

Also, I use SidlWidl for rendering windows (and some editing), but it is becoming more unstable as time goes by. Does anyone else know of a tool that works fairly well? Or do most people just use an xml editor and load up EQ?
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote