Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
Keld
A Ghoul

Default Need help modifying graphics

Hoping someone here can help me out with some graphics editing issues I'm having. I'm trying to make some changes to my Compass window, if I save a copy of the windowpieces04.tga file in to my custom UI folder then make some edits there I can pretty much get things to work. Problem is, I've got my resolution bumped up to 1280x1024 now so the compass is a little smaller than I'd like and I'm trying to make it larger. I started a new drawing with 512x512 canvas and made a new compass strip and overlay, selected all the items I want to see and saved the selection to the alpha channel (used the instructions from the post in the tutorial section), then made the appropriate changes to my EQUI_Compass.xml and EQUI_Animations.xml files. When I log in and the UI loads all, I see is a larger compass box with the standard grey stone background. I'm assuming there's either something wrong with the drawing properties or the way I'm saving the file but I'm relatively new the the graphics editing so I've exhausted everything I can think of to look at. I'm using PaintShop Pro 7.04 for my editing. I've attached a few screenshots and copies of my .xml, would appreciate any help I can get.

Here is the new .tga file Compass Parts

These are the .xml files Compass Window & Animations

The alpha channel info from PSP: Alpha Channel & Selection from alpha channel

Finally, here's the result on the screen: Compass Window in game

EDIT: OK, got the major part of the problem solved, realized I'd forgotten to add the Texture item to the Animations file also....put it in and now it shows up. Problem now is that the Strip1 and Strip2 pieces overlap so that only the South and East indicators show up. I made sure that the size description of my graphic is accurate in both .xml files so I'm thinking that the spacing for the two pieces is hardcoded somewhere. Since I exactly doubled the size of the graphic and I'm only seeing half it makes sense. Anybody able to confirm this or tell me how to get it so the two strips butt up together instead of overlapping?

Last edited by Keld : 02-15-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Keld is offline   Reply With Quote