Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2003, 09:38 AM   #1
Soontace
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Use Adventure Window Labels

Has anyone been able to place the Time to Completion and Progress information from the Adventure Window in another window?
Soontace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:19 AM   #2
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

it cant be done ita hard coded
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:25 PM   #3
mebeksis
A Ghoul

Default hard coded?

Quote:
Originally posted by kenney
it cant be done ita hard coded

are you sure? i've seen ui mods that have things like that in different locations....seem to remember somene putting them in the main chat window or something.
mebeksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 08:56 PM   #4
Remelio
Featured Designer

Server: Tarew Marr
Send a message via ICQ to Remelio Send a message via AIM to Remelio

They didn't add any eqtypes for these particular items, so no you can't move them around.. they're stuck in their own window for now unfortunately
Old 11-04-2003, 07:52 AM   #5
mebeksis
A Ghoul

Default really?

oh really? see my other thread http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10952 i managed to put them under my player info /grin
Old 11-04-2003, 08:04 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

As you say, see your other thread:

Quote:
< snip > but it doesn't show the progress or time info

You can put a label there all you want, but it won't do anything. You can't remove buttons from their parent window, nor can you create new functional buttons in any window. Check out the Things the new UI can't do thread.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 06:00 PM   #7
mebeksis
A Ghoul

Smile stubborn

I'm gonna keep trying anyway hehe..just cuz i'm a stubborn ass lol....i just don't see how this can't be moved...i've seen mods where they moved the hp/mana/xp/etc guages to the chat window...possibly because of the lack of eqtypes....i still don't understand the lack of updating since i haven't moved it technically....but it uses the custom adventure window...for instance when i want to move the location of the progress area, i have to edit the adventure window, not the player window file...it acts sort of like in C++ (my preferred programming language) when you create yer main file and <#include> other files for compilation....i dunno....i STILL think it can be done simply because i see nothing to show that it can't be done...and in my mind if nothing says it can't be done, then it is possible...if i can't do it i'll prolly give up, but i still wanna keep trying hehe...

Last edited by mebeksis : 11-04-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:55 PM   #8
InvisiBill
A Gray Wolf

Server:
Default Re: stubborn

Quote:
Originally posted by mebeksis
I'm gonna keep trying anyway hehe..just cuz i'm a stubborn ass lol....i just don't see how this can't be moved...i've seen mods where they moved the hp/mana/xp/etc guages to the chat window...possibly because of the lack of eqtypes....i still don't understand the lack of updating since i haven't moved it technically....but it uses the custom adventure window...for instance when i want to move the location of the progress area, i have to edit the adventure window, not the player window file...it acts sort of like in C++ (my preferred programming language) when you create yer main file and <#include> other files for compilation....i dunno....i STILL think it can be done simply because i see nothing to show that it can't be done...and in my mind if nothing says it can't be done, then it is possible...if i can't do it i'll prolly give up, but i still wanna keep trying hehe...

The hp/mana/xp/etc guages are all EQTypes. An EQType is universally available anywhere in the UI. The adventure counters are not EQTypes, and therefore must be in the Adventure window to work.

I understand what you're saying about including the whole Adventure window inside the Player window, but I have no idea if it would or wouldn't work. Depends on how SOE coded it, I guess...

How exactly did you include the Adventure window inside the Player window? Most of my editing has simply been tweaking the existing stuff to add or rearrange small things.
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:47 AM   #9
drylar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xev

Sorry, Sir/Ma'am. There are no no eqtypes as of the recent patch. You aren't going to see any functional timers in other windows. I did a feedback requesting eqtypes, others should too. They are hard coded to the window, much like the shared pp slot in the bank window. You cannot make them work in any other window than the one they have it coded for. They allow us to do ALMOST anything we want, but that is one of the things that we can't do. Yet. If you wanna see what all can be put where, check out the tutorial section, the list of eqtypes doesn't include those. Go figure, they have an eqtype for spent aa points, but not unspent... They dont always have things make sense.
drylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:00 PM   #10
Braslo
A Fire Beetle

They did finally add an EQType for the unspent AA count, and a couple others (for labels items):
71 = unspent AA count
73 = Sur Name (isn't it supposed to be Sir?)
74 = class AA Title

But the adventure info is still hard coded and does not use EQTypes. Hopefully they will change more things to have an EQType.
Braslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:13 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
Originally posted by Braslo
73 = Sur Name (isn't it supposed to be Sir?)

To get off topic, but answer your question, no it isn't supposed to be Sir. It's "surname" (one word, not two):

Main Entry: 1. sur·name
Pronunciation: 's&r-"nAm
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : an added name derived from occupation or other circumstance : NICKNAME 1
2 : the name borne in common by members of a family

(aka: last name)

Wheeee, let's hear it for random trivia!
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote