Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 02-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #1
kalahawk
A Fire Beetle

Unhappy Compass mod?

I was using TKing's window_pieces04.tga compass mod, I had no problem patching it for LoY charm slot but I can't seem to get Paint Shop Pro 8 to preserve the alpha layer when I try to fix it for the GoD combat abilities button. So I thought I'd be clever and fix it by renaming TKing's window_pieces04.tga to compass.tga, and edit EQUI_Animations.xml to use compass.tga instead of window_pieces04.tga, that way I wouldn't have to worry about patching the compass again for future changes to window_pieces04.tga ... only when I log in to EQ, the compass comes up blank. Any idea why I can't seem to get the compass to use any file other than "window_pieces04.tga"? I looked in EQUI.xml and EQUI_CompassWnd.xml but I didn't see any reference to window_pieces04.tga in them ...
kalahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

Try this. I added seperate graphics definions and placed them into the compass xml file, renaming them of course. Unless they change the compass, this should not break. Wish I could say that about the rest of the UI

This was just a quick edit, I have not tested it in game. Let me know if you have any problems.

Kuv
Attached Files
File Type: zip tkingcompass100.zip (22.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-14-2004, 05:07 PM   #3
kalahawk
A Fire Beetle

Thanks for the suggestion. Turns out I had neglected to define the texture for compass. tga in EQUI_Animations.xml. Soon as Remelio suggested that it started working, and now my compass won't break the next time SoE patches something ...
kalahawk is offline   Reply With Quote