Old 08-20-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
diselle
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Wish List

1. A Group Window (either horizontal or verticle) that has:
big readable bars (like Etas has)
big pet bars (like Gep's) (so I can see when enchanter's charm has dropped and he's about to be creamed)
a hp bar for player with pet and mana
(I'd like to see a horizontal one like this as well as a verticle)
I don't care what my base resists, mana etc. are when I'm grouped and fighting. I just want to know hp, pet hp, mana, and exp (exp, aa, and leadership exp would be nice)

2. A streamlined horizontal hot key window with a few clickies that are the same size as the hot keys. All of the current horizontal ones are either too long and bulky or short with no clickies.

Diselle 65 druid Tunare
diselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:48 PM   #2
palidase
A Fire Beetle

Server: Innoruuk

Quote:
a hp bar for player with pet and mana

Not sure I understand...

Do you want a group member's health bar, with mana and pet health? Or do you mean one for you. Essentially, even the default shows group member's health and their pet's health. It shouldn't too difficult to make it a bit bigger.

If you are asking for a group member's mana, I think you may be out of luck. I am not aware of anyway to display a group member's mana.

If you mean putting your mana on your health gauge, it should be relatively simple. Could essentially set it up similar to the pet health gauge.

It could be that I just don't understand the request...

Actually, that just gave me an idea....
palidase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
maedieeq
A Shissar Disciple

Here is the combined Player stat and Group window from Drakah's Integrated Steel UI . (with a couple small modifications to numerical info on the right side.)

I believe this kind of Pet Health/Group health display with the the green-shading to-red health warnings and fat group pet bars is present in a few UI's, (i think it was developed by someone other then Drakah?) though i don't know specific links for any UI's outside of the two Drakah interfaces that use it.

In this screenshot, Lunara has a charmed pet, Pearetph has a mage pet. I can see instantly that Lunara lost her charmed pet whenever that fat green health bar disappears.

If i had pulled out my trusty druid bear pet, i would have had a bright green bar under my name too. Well, at least until he disitegrated due to a mob punching him once.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg groupwind_steel.jpg (32.0 KB, 48 views)
maedieeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:53 PM   #4
smoke_sots
A Treant

Default Very Nice

That is very nice.

Infact it gives me a few ideas myself for my UI that i am building..

I just have to tamper with some of the .tga and figure a few things out..

Which is currently on hold due to my working 20 hour days for the next 2 weeks..

After i get out of this work I have to do i will be back on to getting my ui finished and try to submit it..
smoke_sots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:03 AM   #5
diselle
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Default Wish List

I wasn't specific in that I forgot to say I'd like this as compact as possible but easy for me to read fast (I'm 60 btw) Yeah us old folks play too.

Gep's group window

is what I'm thinking about except it doesn't have the mana bar and he doesn't play EQ anymore. No, I know there is no way to get a group member's mana. Boy, wouldn't that be nice!

I'd also like to see what someone could do with a horizontal group window with this type of data. It would make it a lot easier to see what was happening on the screen to not have to look past that tall group window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palidase
Not sure I understand...

Do you want a group member's health bar, with mana and pet health? Or do you mean one for you. Essentially, even the default shows group member's health and their pet's health. It shouldn't too difficult to make it a bit bigger.

If you are asking for a group member's mana, I think you may be out of luck. I am not aware of anyway to display a group member's mana.

If you mean putting your mana on your health gauge, it should be relatively simple. Could essentially set it up similar to the pet health gauge.

It could be that I just don't understand the request...

Actually, that just gave me an idea....

Last edited by diselle : 08-21-2004 at 04:10 AM. Reason: more info
diselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 07:49 AM   #6
dartcron
A Snow Griffin

Send a message via AIM to dartcron
Default yeh

yeh i want some very very specific that I can not find.
First off i want a action window with just one extra tab that shows all my stats weight health mana and endurance. other wise Nothing else new.
secondly i want a inventory screen with out xp bar of any kind without stats just money and inventory with the class picture as auto equip. if someone could point me in the direction of learning how to do this, that would be nice.
-thank you
52 bard
baron eeven figaro on Veeshan
dartcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:16 AM   #7
dartcron
A Snow Griffin

Send a message via AIM to dartcron

I would like to see a player window that has the percent in middle of the players health, mana and Edurance. Like the Normal EQ UI does to the player window. except I like to see the actually amount hitpoints, mana and endurance I have as well , without the hp mp ep # also perferably in middle of the bar.I dont care about seeing pets % health but if it can be sqeezed in middle of the bar i wouldnt mind having it.

I would like to see a group window that has the same thing, like the normal EQ UI does to the player window. same things about pets here too.

I would like to see a action window that has only one extra tab dedicated to, stats like STR AGI DEX ect.. weight//weight tolerance thats it, i hate UI's with extra pages for clickies or bags annoys me alot, i just use my hot box window for that.

I would like to see a Inventory window that has No Exp bars, no stats, no hp
mp or stamina just Plat gold silver copper and items. class icon is a must i heard players can make the icon auto equip and that would be very cool but not nessasary.

Finally i would like to know how this is done with UI's i'd like to help. so HELP! me blar plar and stuff

52 bard Eeven Figaro on veeshan
dartcron is offline   Reply With Quote