Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 09-01-2002, 08:12 AM   #1
Odibil Lauxes
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Questions & Suggestions - Upload Script

Question(s): I'm really just wondering if we will see any of the following features return to the new upload script:

- The ability to edit the files and descriptions which you have uploaded when a new version or more information becomes necessary to update.

- The ability to name your mod, instead of displaying the generic file name (eq_ui_inventory_mod.zip); it's not very pretty. :P

- The number of files available per section, illustrated such as "Inventory [6]."

- The ability to list files by popularity, author, etc...

Suggestion(s): The following are suggested features which did not appear in the old script, but might be beneficial:

- Adding a "Popular Mods" section which automatically lists 25-50 of the most popular mods. An alternative would be to display the 5 or 10 most popular mods in their respective sections.

- The ability to add a thumbnail to your description, in addition to the clickable link to view your image, making it much more visually appealing. Possibly restricting the thumbnail file size and/or dimensions to cut down on bandwidth.

- Font Bug: The current script defaults all descriptions to the "Times New Roman" font, which doesn't go with the rest of the site's Verdana appearance.
Odibil Lauxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 01:56 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

I plan to add pritty much all of the features (and more) you are talking about. It will take me some time as I'm going to be takeing a short break once I get the server load issues under control.

I have not been able to play EQ since the start of this site. I want to get back and start playing. I've also put off a great deal of things in RL I need to attend to as well.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:23 PM   #3
Shadeweaver
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

Well.. said before, but you do a great job, Dolby. This is, at least in my eyes, the no.1 UI-site.

*hands Dolby the shiny trinket known as "Shadeweaver-thinks-your-cool'n'all-award*