Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2002, 01:59 PM   #1
Azrael
A Snow Cougar

Server: Cazic-Thule
Thumbs up This will be THE SITE soon

I know the problems experienced with accessing this page are driving both the admin and us, the wanna-be downloaders crazy. But, I also know this is a great looking, well planned and organized website that is going to be very popular for a very long time. Further recognition need to be given the administrator and staff for just keeping up with all patches and telling us what will and will not work. Thank you for you effort and dedication.

haha no "e" in dancing.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 06:44 PM   #2
Pavelov
A Fire Beetle

If this site is so well designed and planned, why is it EVERY time I visit it, I must "wait 1-5 minutes and click refresh"? I really hope Casters Realm or Allahkazam's picks up Skin mods and such.

These guys don't seem to know what's going on, and I'll admit, I don't know how to set up a site like this. But, I DO know that when you want someone to visit your web site, you want your content 100% available and your visitors able to actually visit the site without worry about your memory upgrades.

Plus, I remember when they "set up the new front-end" and lambasted a guy for making a suggestion. They are real cool.
Pavelov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:00 PM   #3
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Yah Casters Realm or Allahkazam's never went through any growing pains. There servers always worked flawlessly from the start. Heck even EQVault had bad cpu / bandwidth problems when they opened. I remember every time there was a patch on EQ eqvault was down for the count.

We will have the bugs worked out soon

Currently we are doubleing our processor speed and getting 4x more ram. Hope to have the upgrades in by monday.

I admit that I have never ran a dedicated server before but I think I'm learning pritty darn fast. Its only been a week since we have been on our dedicated server give us a fricken chance would ya?

I just feel why do I need to sell my slef or my site to you? We dont charge, we dont have advertisements. All money is coming from out of my own pocket.

Last edited by Dolby : 09-05-2002 at 07:50 PM.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 08:00 PM   #4
Kragon
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally posted by Dolby

I just feel why do I need to sell my slef or my site to you? We dont charge, we dont have advertisements. All money is coming from out of my own pocket.

Touche'
Kragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Yah I guess I am Kragon

you have to understand things are a good deal more frustrateing for us though.

guess were doing pritty darn good since we have only gotten two letters like this. One via email and one posted in this thread.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:11 PM   #6
Cronos
A Gray Wolf

Talking

Don't worry to much about the malcontents, the site is great looking, kept up to date and has about every skin imaginable and will only get better. Considering there are few other UI sites available it is the best and will only get better. And if they can do better, then perhaps they should foot some of the costs in operating it.
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 09:21 PM   #7
Chadoz
A Hill Giant

Server: Mith-Mar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Chadoz Send a message via AIM to Chadoz Send a message via Yahoo to Chadoz
Post Just a note

This is my two cents worth here. I am darned glad that this site is here. So what if I have to wait for a few minutes to get in, oh well. I know they are working on it!! All in all I know when this site does get up and running smoothly there will be no other like it. It is like one in a million to have such clean and easy design not only to look at but actually functional also.

From personal experience I know how hard it is to run a dedicated server I wouldn’t want to put that kind of stress on anyone.

Well all I have to say is Thank god they are here and are willing to work to GIVE us the opportunity to enjoy a site like this.

My thanks go out to you all that help make this site possible. And one of my favorites.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:28 PM   #8
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Kragon

Touche'

Heya Dolby, thats pronounced "TWO- SHAY" hehhehe Not "TUU CHEE" hehehehehe

he's on yer side ROFL!!!

Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 10:02 PM   #9
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

LOL OOPS
Old 09-07-2002, 08:01 AM   #10
Shadeweaver
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

Pft. Dont listen to the naggers, Dolby. Site is great! Takes a while to adjust to the loads of new visitors, but once you guys do, the site will be at the top in this area.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:19 AM   #11
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin

lol, is amazing how people who want everything for FREE want it NOW! and god dammit get on the freaken ball and gimmie gimmie gimmie! nah that guy is not a bit spoiled, nor an ingrate, nor has any other self centered issues of pure self gratification! oh wait this is not a f&r board!

dolb, you guys are doing an awsome job for us leechers who like to mooch of your time and good will. i am amazed someone was so self absorbed as to post something like that. you site is awsome, and its stil free. going from a couple thousand to tens of thousands of members is amazing. keep up the good work

sage kalamaku
sorcerer of luclin
legacy of sorrow

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=124248
Kalamaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 08:46 AM   #12
Jahari Durden
A Tundra Mammoth

Thumbs up

You two are doing a brilliant job.. I host a messageboard myself, and it went through an explosive growth intially too, though nowhere near the numbers y'all have here.

Knowing the system you're using and doing a little math I realise the bandwidth consumption per month and the dedicated processor time are staggering.

My deepest sympathies for whoever pays the bill for this.

Great work guys, keep it up.
Jahari Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 12:53 PM   #13
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro

Ignore the troll, keep up the good work!
There will always be 'tards trying to stir up trouble, best to just ignore em - they loose interest after a while and usually never return.

This has been covered in two threads now, IE:
.http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1854
Just lock or delete new ones, with a brief explanation why, as they pop up is my advice
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 01:37 PM   #14
Honeydu
A Ghoul

Server: Terris-Thule
Send a message via AIM to Honeydu Send a message via Yahoo to Honeydu

I got to add my 2cp worth here.. as you'll find out .. ahahaha.. i am VERY happy your here taking time to help us ppl like me who havent a clue to what's gong on. /salutes to the both of you. btw .. i am very old and i know i still have lots to learn..
"Keep your mind clear.. and your heart filled with a joyous song."
you can't please everyone.. but those you do will forever hold you with great respect in their hearts.
so... chin up .. smile.. i will smile with you
Honeydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:03 PM   #15
Shadeweaver
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

... and... soon be the site? This IS the site.
Shadeweaver is offline   Reply With Quote