Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
prostea
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Player window help plz

First off, I am just moving parts around off an existing window, all credit goes to Sunaeri for the original design.

Back in the day I got used to a combo window with Target and HoTT on top with the percentage label in the middle of the bar, which I have begun to duplicate in Sunaeri's window. The parts I cannot get to work is moving the "Player_HPNumber" to overlay the left side of the Player hp guage, and then I am going to move the Player hp max to overlay the right side of the gauge. The problem is that the numbers slide under the guage, and when I get it lines up it is completely hidden, like the guage is above the numbers.

I will attempt to put the code in so someone can take a look. I moved the <Label item ="Player_HPNumber"> into the <!-- HP Gauge --> area. I left the anchor values so that if you load the window you can see the numbers under the left of the player HP guage.

probably not doing this right...
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml (32.0 KB, 19 views)
prostea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
Dorvak
A Treant

Server: Prexus

As a quick guess, here's something you can try. At the very end of your window code, look for the list of <Pieces>. They are listed in the order they will be drawn on screen so if your Labels come first in the list the Gauge will be drawn on top of them. Move your Label <Pieces> below the Gauge <Piece> and it should work out the way you want it.

Yup, I just went and looked at your code and I think that's the trouble. Your HP percentage number and label come after the gauge and are drawn on top of it. The current and max HP numbers are listed before the gauge and so get covered by it. One more quick note, if you have the pop-up slim pet hp gauge that appears on top of your player HP gauge then you will need to make sure that your labels come after this as well. Otherwise the bottom half of your numbers will get covered every time you have a pet up.

Last edited by Dorvak : 10-25-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Dorvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
prostea
A Gray Wolf

Yup that was it Dorvak. Thanks for the troubleshoot on it, I knew it was simple, but for the life of me no amount of beer would make the problem clear to me. I will post a pic of the modified finished product when I am done. I think some people may want the Target and HoTT on top, and a smaller footprint size for the window.

Thanks again!
prostea is offline   Reply With Quote