Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-13-2002, 11:30 AM   #1
n0id
A Ghoul

Default 2 Problems with my UI

Im still new to UI customizing, so i dont know how to fix my 2 problems.

info: Using vert 2.2 crystal meth + 2 of my on addons(inventory and hotkeys) from another theme. Resolution is 1280x1024

1) First problem is my hotkey bank...you konw the 10 hotkeys you can put macros/spells/sense heading etc..

Well mine has a larger than needed font, and with this it makes the text look big and block and unreadable...how to i change the font size down a notch or 2 to have it be smaller and readable. This happens in any resolution i use, so im thinking its just the way it was made in the xml file, but i dont know where to look to change it.

The only thing i did was replace the hotbuttonwnd.xml file from the theme i got it from to vert. Works fine, no errors, except for the font is too big.

2) Second problem, my class animation in the inventory isnt showing.

I did the same thing as #1, replaced the inventory xml from the theme i wanted, to vert. The inventory is fine, no errors on it, but i get an error about the animation.

[Wed Nov 13 10:04:11 2002] Error: Could not find child ClassAnim in window InventoryWindow

I tried replacing the animations.xml from the theme i got the 2 new xmls(hotkey and inventory) from, but this just resulted in a crash to desktop on loadup. When i put verts animation back in, it ran find except for no class animation in the inventory.

Not 2 _big_ problems, but enough to annoy me till they are fixed

So any guru's out there know how to help me thru this and fix it?

n0id
n0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:03 AM   #2
n0id
A Ghoul

Anyone? hehe
Old 11-14-2002, 12:00 PM   #3
n0id
A Ghoul

Default /cry

If its not possible to do the two things i need help on, can someone at least tell me that? hehe
Old 11-14-2002, 02:08 PM   #4
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

Ok. The hotbutton window is the easiest. For each button/item in the window, there's a line "font=3" (or 2, 1, or 0). Smaller number=smaller font. Open the xml file in WordPad, search for font, and in each font size definition, change the number to 1 or 2 (0 is too small for most resolutions).

As far as the inventory: Whoever made your inventory didn't put the class animation in. Contact them and find out why and if you can fix it.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 06:59 AM   #5
n0id
A Ghoul

Default yay!

Thank you very much, this info is exactly what i needed

n0id