Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-09-2003, 10:54 PM   #1
Jrkid
A Fire Beetle

Default How to view my UI offline?

I can't be online all the time. Is there any way to view my UI which I just edit offline? I search for this for very long time.
Jrkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 01:04 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 01:42 PM   #3
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

Now if only we had one to let us do the screen layout without being online working on a new skin (slowly-IRL is hectic and while i can pen and ink like no tomorrow, computer graphics take me time) for my UI and would be nice to layout the screen without loggin in and running in a window, effectively working at 1/4 the speed.

Ranger of Tunare
Familjen Saryrn
"Sometimes the Laws of Man must be broken in order to do what is right"
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 01:49 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Well, you can do the screen layout using SidlWidl, Gendal just doesn't recommend it.

Quote:
The screen layout window as it stands directly edits the skin's global coordinates. This is bad because if you adjust them to anything other than the lowest common denominator (640x480) it will render the skin inoperable for anybody in a resolution greater than the one you dragged everything around to.
Eventually the screen layout window will write its values to the "UI_PlayerName_##.ini" files in the Everquest directory for each resolution you want, but for now it writes them to the global xml, which can royaly screw up the way your skins look if you don't understand that.
I am also hoping that the current UI_*.ini files are some sick joke and verant will eventually get around to rewriting them in Xml. Course I also like to hope they will release a real schema, balance bards, and name me king of Freeport.

-Gendal
Old 02-11-2003, 05:16 PM   #5
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

heh heh, yeah, I knew about that. That only does the layout in 640x480, correct? I'm looking to do a layout in 1280X1024 I'll have to load up SIDLWIDL again and check. Did Gendal ever update it since 2.9...or .29...whatever it was?
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:29 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Not that I've seen ...
Old 02-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #7
Wickeke
Premium Member

Drakah posted about a editor on the EQ live Tech support forum. Short version, Sony has no plans on building a EQUI XLM Editor, but they suggested he send in an E-mail feedback.

If you are interesed in send feedback hese is Drakah's Post .
Wickeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 06:05 AM   #8
Jrkid
A Fire Beetle

Default Thx who help me out!

hehe, thx a lot. It's very good to see people help me after I done my work and came home.
Jrkid is offline   Reply With Quote