Password

Old 10-02-2002, 12:54 AM   #1
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya
Default ranger's spellbook

my ranger's spellbook is also now available in the spellbook download section. Small animation on the arrowhead for the 'done' button. left and right margins click to turn pages.

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
Old 10-02-2002, 12:57 AM   #2
KelricStormwolf
Accidental Dupe - See Kelric

Sweet! Very nice!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:06 PM   #3
gladlyn
A Ghoul

Default Request

VERY PRETTY !!! I love this look but I like the way the names are easier to read when they are listed on the side of the icon as I have seen in other books. Is there anyway to do that with this type of book?

Thanks,
Gladlyn
Old 10-02-2002, 01:40 PM   #4
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Gladlyn, are you referring to the spellbooks where the icons are in a straight vertical line of 8 on each page with the names listed next to them? That could be done but I myself like the default layout, that's why they're set up that way. A second version where they are set up the way you like could be made though.

Enok

P.S. - Tadashya, I want to make a version where the runes on the left and right edges glow when you move the mouse over them to turn the page, so I'm probably just gonna do this and then e-mail it to you, k?
Old 10-02-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

you read my mind I was going to suggest it but then thought nahh... too much. I have this in PSD.. I can give make up the TGA with just glowing runes. Just not right this second as I am on my way to lunch!

ttyl!

Tad
Old 10-02-2002, 01:55 PM   #6
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Oh! yeah yeah, do that, (after lunch of course, I myself am about to shower then eat breakfast) since my glowy runes would be much more suck than yours =) anyways, this is my favorite spellbook so I'll add the glowy to the original version of this book and make a version with icons laid out in vertical rows of 8 on each page.

Enok
Old 10-02-2002, 02:23 PM   #7
gladlyn
A Ghoul

Default Thanks

Hi,
Yes, I am still really lost with the new spell book icons so the lists on the side I can scan the spell names really really fast. (mainly when I play my alts.)

I liked the slim line spell book from the "old" eqinterface page with the control arrows on the bottom that is why I had not used the other spell book that I saw laid out in a vert. line. (with controls on the top)

This one is so pretty that if it was like that I would move to it right away. The glow would be nice touch.

I have no idea why everyone puts the mouse controls on the right side of the screen or top. I am right handed so it is less "mouse lag" to make all the controls that use mouse on the botton/left of the screen.

As soon as I can load the new graphic XML editor I will try my hand at making controls that look like two bottom heavy "L"s that leave the middle of the screen more open.

Thanks for all the help,
Gladlyn
Old 10-02-2002, 02:42 PM   #8
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Uhm, did you know that when the spellbook is open you can press left and right to flip pages? I don't even actually use the page turn or close buttons, I do all that from hotkeys, I just make them pretty cause that's all they're good for (I make sure they're fuctional though cause most people still click on them, the page turns at least).

Enok

P.S. - To be fair, I LOATHE the slimmed down spellbooks and inventories, since they aren't always on screen they might as well be big and pretty.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:28 PM   #9
gladlyn
A Ghoul

Default slim books

hi,
Thanks for the tip. I think I did know that once and forgot it as I use the mouse in the spell book. I open and close it with control B. Then use the mouse to move pages and spells.

The slim spell book I was talking about was just the extra wasted space on the sides taken away and controls put on the bottom. It is a bit smaller but not pretty- just a neater version of the regular one.

I agree with pretty spell books, but I also like clean designs and no wasted space. The regular spell book they have now is not clean or pretty.

I think this green one is both, clean and pretty. So, I would very much like to use it. And when I can scan the spells fast for what I am looking for I will be very happy.

Thanks for any help,
Gladlyn
Old 10-03-2002, 02:47 AM   #10
Sylviania
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rallos Zek
Send a message via AIM to Sylviania Send a message via Yahoo to Sylviania

Nice book Tad , but I must admit that when I saw this thread I was hoping to see something less "conventionnal", as your drawings usually don't follow old UI patterns. I was hoping something which would have been as close to old book as your mage one for example ( nice work on this one btw ).

Oh , maybe make it a bit less dark too

Sorry , I know critic is much easier than art , but year old children are more skilled than me for graphic creation, so I can only do critics

kudos on all your work Tadashya

Rallos Zek Server
Old 10-03-2002, 03:09 AM   #11
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

this one and the "fire and ice" one I already had on the drawing board (per se) before I had someone volunteering to code for me so I was striving for something as close to spec as possible to remelio's mod for t.king's books. The mage book is something I decided to test the limits of the abilities of my new and very brave coder. If the mage book proves successful then I will most likely go bonkers on my next spellbook if Enok is game.

Tad