Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-18-2002, 10:43 PM   #1
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani
Default Skinning question

okay, I have finally finished most of the .xml files for the UI to be placed and fucntion as I desire. Now I want to get down to re-skinning the UI.

Some of the stuff I want to do I would assume I just edit the windows_pieces tga's. can I directly edit them (load up in photoshop and paint new look over top) or do I have to creat from scratch?

Also, how do you determine what piece is what? I have looked at the "key" presented in the info vault, but it doesn't really seem to make sense to me as much as saying with text what pieces are for what. The key is good, just some instances of the color coding don't seem to match up (of course, I'm tired, so it may just be me).

An example for what I want to do is make the HP bar into an arrow (the kind you launch). basically leave the red and green parts alone, but instead of just a bar, it has a head and fletchings. Would I need to make a special file for that or just edit it in Windows_Pieces_01?

thanks for any answers
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 02:18 AM   #2
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

the HP bar, well all bars are in the top right of the tga file.

It's not realy HP bar spacific, but if you wanted to create a new tga file, you can place your HP bar into there and basically create a whole new bar template just for the HP.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #3
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

Actuaally I meant to do it to all bars, was just giving that as an example sorry about that.

so then I could just "draw" over top of the bar section to make the graphic i wanted, save it, then all would function wonderfully?
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 05:02 AM   #4
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

In theory, yes.

Just keep the image the same size as the current bars, and make sure you save it with a new alpha channel.

Then, it'll work.
guice is offline   Reply With Quote