Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Selector Window buttons to another window

Has anybody been able to copy any of the buttons from Selector Window to another window, such as Potion Belt Window? Storyline and Mercenary buttons are the ones I use the most. I tried placing them on Potion Belt Window but they becamse non functional. I suppose this is another case of being hard-coded to specific window?
Corean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

You can definitely move buttons like the mercenary one, but you have to use the "openwnd" EQtype. The standard code for the selector window will be hardcoded.

And while "openwnd" works fine, it does have a couple of limitations: Windows will always open immediately above & to the right of the button you clicked, and windows will close when you press Esc (although that appears to have changed recently for the Mercenary window).

I've used it to add a Mercenary button to my main UI, so I can quickly pop up that window when needed, and close it again just as easily.

This is what it looks like (spot the mercenary icon just to the right of the spell bar):
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/...lx/EQ000283.jpg

And here's the code:

Code:
<Button item = "Myx_Aura_Merc"> <EQType>openwnd MMGW_ManageWnd</EQType> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>50</X> <Y>11</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>16</CX> <CY>16</CY> </Size> <Style_Checkbox>true</Style_Checkbox> <TooltipReference>Mercenary</TooltipReference> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>A_MercenaryBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_MercenaryBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_MercenaryBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_MercenaryBtnNormal</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_MercenaryBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </ButtonDrawTemplate> </Button>
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

Thank you very much.
Corean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx
I've used it to add a Mercenary button to my main UI, so I can quickly pop up that window when needed, and close it again just as easily.

I've been messing around with this idea. How do you close the merc window once it's open? Do you just click the X on the merc window, or is there a way to make it so clicking the custom merc button closes the merc window if it's already open?
Darkmatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:29 AM   #5
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Up until a week ago, pressing Esc closed it. For some reason the Mercenary window doesn't behave like that any more, although other screens opened in this way still close with Esc.

For now you have to close the Mercenary window manually, although I have e-mailed the developer who put together these openwnd buttons to suggest a toggle button.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
damridor
A Fire Beetle

Default EQ Button

I tried this for the EQ button and it isn't working. Is the EQ button exempt from this ability?

Thank you
Damridor
damridor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

I'd have thought so. The EQ button isn't a standard button by any means. It's a placeholder for quite a complex set of XML driven menus.

As far as I know, the EQ button is fixed on screen, and while it can be resized (and the window used for other things), I don't think you can move or remove it.

Since you can resize the window and the button it's fairly easy to make the EQ button a part of your interface though. I've seen several people (including myself) make it a placeholder for armor pieces, turning it into a very useful item.