Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2002, 08:07 AM   #1
youineyeteawhy
A Bat

Question using more than one skin?

First off I want to thank all of you peeps for making these skins and sharring them with people like me. And thank you for taking the time to post answers to questions, you all are really super-duper and I hope you keep it up.
As for my question, I am not good with computers so you can imagine how excited I was when I downloaded a UI and used it in the game. I actually made a folder all by myself. Anyways, when i want to mix and match, am I correct in thinking I have to replace the single file in the folder from my main UI with just the other single file I want? (i.e. like the whole interface just want to change the spell casting bar with someone elses) Or is there a way to just type /loadskin, I tried that and it just gives me on or the other. I didn't want to go messing around with files before I asked. Thanks a bunch to all you cool cats!
youineyeteawhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:25 AM   #2
Kiradok
A Treant

That's right, just put in the new file and it should work just fine.
The trick with some files, including spell cast bars, is that they make changes to the EQUI_Animations.xml file. The best way I've found to get around this, tedious as it is, it to open both files in notepad, and look for lines that don't match, ie. different x,y locs, or texture files. Sometimes you have a texture with the new mod that will give you an idea what to look for in this case.
And some poeple with complete sets, such as vert, have fixes so that t.king books and icons work with them, so if you don't feel comfortable messing with the code, you can look for these also.
But as long as the Animations file is not part of the new mod, it should work just fine.

Good luck.

Edit: it doesn't hurt to make a backup of your skin if you do mess with the animations file... just in case.
Kiradok is offline   Reply With Quote