A Ghoul

Server: e`ci

Ahhh come on i liked the drunken dear paths
Vampris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:42 PM   #3
LancerChronics
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Mithaniel Marr

Wow awesome pics...can't wait till eq2 gets here....I might make a hfl rog at first since the little dude seemed to kick some butt, while the trolls and humans are still on rats)

Tillek Rabbitslayer, Rogue
Conundruum, Mage
Mithaniel Marr
LancerChronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 11:42 PM   #4
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

http://www.gamespydaily.com/screens...ex.asp?id=20165

"She's wearing very little clothes in a lot of photos isn't she? ... *silly grin* Yes." -Eddie Izzard

In all seriousness, the texture quality is great and everything, and there's a lot of 'wow, this game is going to rock... we're not sure why, but the presentation is great, so the game's gotta rock too!!!!!!!!!!!!!' from the fan boys... which makes me nervous.

Lots of hype usually means lots of disappointment. There's very little actual GAME MECHANICS information released, save for the proposed new class and skill system, and even that is spotty. I don't care that there's 23472837419827651923465978234523475 different combinations of articulation for my character myself. All I care about is 'is the game going to play well?' Then again, I'm the type who prefers MUDs to EQ, so obviously graphics and sound aren't a huge deal to me. Besides, MUDs don't require many resources to play, and in some cases, can be even more user friendly than EQ =P

Besides, I don't like the faces. There's no expression in them. They look dead and lifeless. They don't even smile, or frown, nor have a narrowing to their eyes. Even the EQ1 Luclin models have more expression, and it's an inferior graphics engine all together =/

I mean, Jessail actually LOOKS about as bored as I am when I play her =P I can just imagine what she's thinking too!

"... Oh... Mr. (or Ms.) tank is at 20% HP... time to heal her... wake me up in about a half hour..."

The half naked elf? All I can imagine is:

"Wow... it's awfully cold out here. I wish that dumbass of a tailor wasn't such a pervert and make me real clothing... and am I mistaken, or was I just looking at a very poorly veiled sexual innuendo in the sky. Papa says it's the remains of Luclin, but I call bull****: That's clearly a flying scrotum."

...Well, maybe not quite that, but... yeah.

So, yeah, I hope EQ2 doesn't suck =/

Last edited by Togras : 09-04-2003 at 11:58 PM.
Togras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:10 AM   #5
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

So does that mean Half Life is going to suck? Just look at the hype on that game. Almost 10x of Everquest.

Just use an emote in Eq2 and you'll see expressions
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:29 AM   #6
Taleisin

I will play EQ2 when they make it possible for my gnome riverdance

Awaiting Sigils Game
Old 09-05-2003, 02:27 AM   #7
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

But you need strong long legs to Irish Dance.

Arnt the people at Sigil the orignal inventors of EQ's vision(tm)?
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:54 AM   #8
LancerChronics
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Mithaniel Marr

I don't know about you but I can see tons of facial expression. A haughty looking high elf feeling she's better than everyone, the look of a pissed off troll searching for food and prey, and the guy mourning over his dead dog. Maybe the reason you cant see the expressions is because they are screenshots, and the guy who took them sucks at taking pictures. Eq2 is suppose to be a lot more animated too. So instead of the constantly angry looking Dark Elf in Eq1, you'll have one that can constantly change his moods, most likely through emotes. As for the Class system the site has given us the basic breakdown of it(its like Shadowbane-choose as you grow). It just hasnt told us what path leads to what, leaving it as a suprise for when you level. Finally, I don't think we need to worry about gameplay...it might be very similar to EQ1, in which case the people who play EQ1 should have no complaints there.
LancerChronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 07:33 AM   #9
Thomus
Featured Artist

Server: Brell Serilis
Featured Artist
Send a message via Yahoo to Thomus

That is correct, the people at Sigil are the original creators of "the vision(tm)", essentially the old Verant team with some that came on at the Kunark expansion, they are the original creators of EverQuest itself, in regards to the character graphics in EverQuest 2, I "heard" that they may have been redoing them since the release of screenshots. The engine looks great as it is using pixel/vertex shaders and bump mapping extensively, I hope NVidia optimizes their 2.0 shader engine in the 50.xx drivers before 2004 rolls around, shaders are fast becomming common in games as you can see by screenshots of many upcomming games.
Thomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 08:55 AM   #10
Alisaunder
A Ghoul

Default When is it coming out?????

I was sold on EQ2 a long time ago with the first pictures, but then it was due out last quarter of this year. Now I hear it will be lucky to be last quarter of next year. I've already poured money into a new video card (128mb Geforce 4 ti 4600 DirectX 8 Comp.)that now doesn't meet their new min requirements but more than meet their old ones. I'm a fraid to buy anything else to beef up my machine, only to have them up the min requirements... I mean jeese EQ didn't have the graphics they have now when it first came out, but they still released it. I'm sure they will be patching the game all the time after it's release just like regular EQ. Come on Sony lets get us EQ addicts into the game.

Ok, I'm calming down now........See too much hipe on the game already.
Alisaunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #11
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
So does that mean Half Life is going to suck? Just look at the hype on that game. Almost 10x of Everquest.

Possibly =/ I'm worried about that one too! And I'm worried about Doom 3, and the hush-hush Quake 4... Etc.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:41 AM   #12
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora
Lightbulb

Can someone give me a link or two to Half Life? I haven't heard of that one yet.
Also, is anyone in beta for or have any info about Horizons or City of Heros? Those two look kinda interesting. I've been following the CoH story for a long time now and am anxious see what it's like to play a super hero! Horizons bears some similarities to EQ...seems like it's somewhere in between EQ and EQ2 as far as graphics, story and character dynamics go.

"Le singe est sur la branche"
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:16 AM   #13
Taleisin

NDA should be lifted on HZ soon I think, launch is going to be next month I believe.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:10 AM   #14
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

AUDIASUDF980uj2q903r

Be still, my heart.

*passes a lustful grin towards Eloora*

...D'you want a cup of coffee? =)
Old 09-05-2003, 03:27 PM   #15
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

I have seen the graphics and gameplay for the beta of Horizons (they were lucky enough to be chosen... grrrr). So far of what I have seen its fairly good, but the interface is going to be getting use to, but then again so was the interface for DAoC. But I hope the graphics will get an upgrade cause some of it still seems pre-luclin EQ style...

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote