Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-04-2003, 11:01 AM   #1
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Semi-transparent .tga files

Hello everyone. I'm in need of some help. I'm attempting to make a semi-transparent .tga file, but have been unsuccessful so far. I know this is possible because I have seen it done in the past. I'm using Photoshop 6 and have been successful at making .png files semi-transparent. I was hoping someone who knows more about Photoshop then I do could explain how to do this. Thanks in advance for any help!

forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 11:03 AM   #2
Taleisin

well if you are making a background, the way I made mine Translucent is I put the eraser on 50% strenght and ran it over the whole window and saved it... seemed to work for me
Old 10-04-2003, 11:33 AM   #3
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro

Go to your layers pallet and hit the tab at the top for "channels". Click on the button at the bottom for "create new channel". the new channel will be called the Alpha channel. If you want your whole graphic file to be 50% transperant... get the paint bucket, select white as your color, turn the transperancy down to 50% and fill the alpha layer. It will look grey. The way the alpha layer works is that white areas are completely opaque, black areas are completely transperant, and all shades of grey are some level of transperant in between. The darker the grey = the more transperant.

When you save it as a .tga, make sure that the box for "alpha channels" is checked.
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 12:55 PM   #4
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

If you are using Photoshop 7.0, make sure you download this Targa Patch. Also make sure you save the Targa as 32-bit.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr

Thank you everyone that replied. I did get it to work...now I just need to figure out how to do just little parts of the file, but I got what I really wanted. Thanks again.
forry is offline   Reply With Quote