Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-31-2004, 12:33 PM   #1
Kalamos
A Ghoul

Default Question about transparant backgrounds and graphics

So I've done a little bit of .TGA file editing with PSP 6. I'm no expert, but it works well and I don't have any alpha channel problems etc. But after goofing around with the window_pieces01.tga file last I realized I didn't know how to do something.

I noticed that when I look at the alpha channel, the white transparancy behind the pictures in the image file are often exactly the size of the graphic. I usually just draw a big transparant rectangle behind the graphic because that's all I know how to do. Is there a way to somehow copy the graphic to the alpha channel directly behind it then turn it transparant?

Also, what do you guys use to get the graphic in the exact coordinates? I have a heck of a time with that using guide lines etc.

Well thanks in advance for any input.
Kalamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:33 AM   #2
B_Delacroix
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I was just looking for the thread about PSP8 and alpha channels dissapearing.

I actually bought 7 when it was out. With 7 here is how you do what your talking about in rough terms.

You create a mask out of the image. Sometimes you have to invert the data, that's a checkbox on the requester that comes up. Then you save the mask to the alpha channel. In this fashion, you can get partial transparency on the alpha channel as well instead of just on/off transparency.