Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
Shimo
A Fire Beetle

Default Custom UI w/out EQUI.xml ?

Hi folks and sorry if this is a basic question. A friend of mine does not understand XML was asking for my help to modify a UI she has been using.

I asked her to ZIP up the uifiles she uses and send them to me. The files she sent me only had 13 XML files and some 40 odd TGA files.

I don't have much experience with the EQ UI, I have read up on the SIDL doc, I kind of understand how Screen items etc work and have seen that EQUI.xml is the file is the the file that includes all your other XML files that the UI uses.

My question is this: The files that she sent me had no EQUI.xml file (and was missing a bunch of others). However, her UI works just fine in game. What am I missing here ?

Does the UI engine load any files not found in the custom UI folder directly from the default folder ?
Shimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
nitrowolf
A Hill Giant

yes everquest loads any missing files from the default folder. if you look in your everquest folder, and look for a file named UIErrors.txt. open it and you can see what files are loaded from the default uifiles folder.
Ortin's UI Homepage
Magelo Profile
nitrowolf is offline   Reply With Quote