User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default UI Fix Irony

Does anyone else find it extremely odd that in order to get many UIs to work we have to set ourselves up for failure. In this I mean we are copying custom files into the Old Default UI. Not too long ago, if someone had suggested this they would have been quickly "educated" on the evils of performing this act.

Kinda ironic (imho)

Weskat
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Yeah I do, I wish they would have added a toggle to use the old default or the new default. That way those users using interfaces based off the old default would just need to click a checkbox or edit an ini file.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

more ironic that i finaly feel good enuff to fix httk.do resurch on what files need fixed, reinstall net1.0a an walk into this mess /sigh

so basicaly atm one MUST inclued every file from the old default ui if it was based on it ? an if based on new does one still have to include every new default ui.my guess is yes from early experiments.

if a fix for this takes as long as adding a done button to the merchant window again i may just give up eq .tried playing last night 4 lock ups.agrivation + agrivation does not = fun.

any word on when this "patch" will be fixed or will we have to include every default file in our ui's when updating on eq interface?

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Depends.

I have TransLunWrap running WITHOUT patching it into the old default UI. (well on Test anyway, I haven't actually logged into the Live servers since the patch for more than 3 minutes.)

Weskat
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:45 AM   #5
Aamare
A Bat

To fix the UI with the new code you just gotta take a step back man, it seems harder when you first look at your Uierrors.txt, but once you get good at that, it's really a breeze. I haven't found a UI I couldn't fix yet.
Aamare is offline   Reply With Quote