Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-05-2003, 09:58 AM   #1
Asuran
A Gray Wolf

Unhappy Probs with Quartz ui

Ok I installed quartz ui and im having probs with the buff box, the box itself shows where it is supposed to be and can even be moved, but what is supposed to be in the box (symbol and name of buff you currently have on you) show up in a different part of the screen, to be exact covering the upper chat window.

Now I know in his readme file he advice to first set EQ to proper resolution and only after that copy the UI file in zip folder to EQ main directory to avoid any issue with the buff box. First I didnt do this and I thought this could be the problem. But I have redo everything (I even erase all the new files of the ui and unzipped them again, deleted the new created ui file in main directory and relogged so my char showed again with default ui, set the proper resolution and THEN replaced the again the ui file with the one in the zip folder), I keep having the same error.

Im running in 1024x738, which seem to be my top resolution (at least is the top that EQ gives me in options window) I dunno if maybe thats the prob, reame files says it runs in that resolution it recommends higher but says it will work.

Can any of you using this ui give me avice about what to do?, I will really appreciate it.
Asuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hey Asuran, Can you attach a Screen Shot of the issue so that we can see exactly what the issue is. Will make it easier for us to figure out the problem.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:58 PM   #3
Asuran
A Gray Wolf

Ok here it is, dont mind about the way letters and numbers look on the screen, thats because i was running EQ in a window. The prob is with the buffs, they should show up in the box at the right upper corner, but they show up covering the upper chat box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eq000010.jpg (54.2 KB, 72 views)
Asuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
Zaep
A Gray Wolf

I believe that your problem is not your resolution size, personally I run EQ at an ackward size, so I ran across the same problem you're having. How the Quartz UI was done is the buff window background is transparent so that makes it hard to move, but right click around the edges of your buffs and see if you can't pull up the normal menu when you right click any window. Then see if it's "*locked". I believe that's the default state, could be wrong. Unlock it if it's lock and then left click where you right clicked before and drag it wherever you think it should go, like the side of the screen. I know if you can find the very bottom of the buff window (under slot 15) then there's a fairly large section that you should be able to drag, but it looks like in your screenshot that may be hard to drag.

Just thought of something else that could spare you the lengthy fix I just said. Did you copy over his default UI_charactername_server# file and change it to the appropriate values that you use? May want to try that first if you haven't yet.
Zaep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Zaep
A Gray Wolf

Ok, I'm a fool and didn't read the orginal problem right... There's two buff windows, One for your 15 slot buffs and the bard song window. The window you moved to the top right is the bard song window, so the buff box is still sitting right by the main chat. There's actually a box there around your buffs (it's rather hard to see, but it's there). Try moving that window, it's a tad more transparent than the window you already moved, but should look alot like it, just longer.
Zaep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:09 AM   #6
All_Wrong
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tunare

After the patch on 2/6/03, my windows move on me every time I zone. The group window, macro window, action window, and pet window all move. Any clue why, or how to fix this?
Old 02-07-2003, 09:57 AM   #7
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

It would appear that Sony has set up some kind of Snap grid for the windows. If a window is right on the edge or off the viewable edge of the screen they seem to have the window snap to some grid point. As far as I can tell it is not even that it just pulls it back to it's default location or heck even that it pulls it back to the screen. I have tried placing the window just over the edge and instead of snapping back inside the viewable area it actually snapped farther outside the viewable area. This is a wierd one so I am going to need a little time to work it out if it can be worked out. It may be that Sony needs to put out another patch to fix it.
Chronwaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:01 AM   #8
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

It appears that it may be related to the Gauge offset issue from the patch. Will continue to look at it and let you know.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:14 AM   #9
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Well it is not exactly related to the gauge issue. But it is similar. It appear that if your background graphics and the size of the window for the Graphics are not the same size then you have a problem. I will explain.

The hotkeys graphic in my case (ChronRight) is 158,275. The hotbutton window was originally defined as 160,280. This leaves space at the right edge and the bottom of the window. As a result when I try to line up what looks like the bottom of the window with the bottom of the screen you end up with an actual 5 pixel over lap at the bottom. As a result Sony has made things so that if the are off the edge of the screen the are repoped somewhere. I have gone through and reset all the graphics for my ChronRight to be the right size and this should fix the problem for that. If you are using Quartz from Statix I would assume that he will be coming out with a fix but if not I will take a look at his files and see if I can fix them for you. Am doing some final testing of ChronRight right now but as soon as it is done it will get posted to the Download section.

I hope this helps some.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:29 AM   #10
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

Spendin more time researching EQ bugs than I am playing, eating, sleeping or working on my RL job...gotta problem I guess, but I'm learning....

So Chron....

If I have a 512 x 256 tga
and
the Usable image is 480 x 200
but
I static animation define the image as 512x 256
and
Place the animation item or texure as a background image in a window that is smaller,
then
Random placement,
but if I define the image properly (480 x 200) and the window as the same size, things shoudl be fine and dandy in Erudin.

?? - Have I begun to be enlightened?

Gauges...only ones I cant fix now are the G2 Tkings....and I love that bubble...

Last edited by sc2kmayor : 02-07-2003 at 10:51 AM.
sc2kmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:44 AM   #11
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally posted by sc2kmayor
Spendin more time researching EQ bugs than I am playing, eating, sleeping or working on my RL job...gotta problem I guess, but I'm learning....

So Chron....

If I have a 512 x 256 tga
and
the Usable image is 480 x 200
but
I static animation define the image as 512x 256
and
Place the animation item or texure as a background image in a window that is smaller,
then
Random placement,
but if I define the image properly (480 x 200) and the window as the same size, things shoudl be fine and dandy in Erudin.

?? - Have I begun to be enlightened?

Gauges...they have to use the offset to not shoe properly, that one I have down so far...

I am not sure at this point that the Static Animations are even effected. The only thing I have been able to fully test is the Actual image size to the window size. But going on what we do know of Sony's xml I would say that you are probably correct. Given that your Animation is set to only use the usable area of the TGA file then this should stand as correct as well. I would say give it a try and let me know what you find out. As I said though I know as far as the Usable image with in the TGA file that the Window size must be the same size as the usable TGA image size, if your window is going to be close to the edge of the screen. So as not to inadvertantly overlap the edge of the screen because you have an image that is actually smaller than the window size so you think it is lining up but it is actually over the edge because you are not see all of the window. Of course if you had the border turned on you would see the issue but as many of us have gone the route of turning off the border it does get to be and issue.
Old 02-07-2003, 11:02 AM   #12
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

Somewhere else you noted a snap to grid thing which got me thinking....suppose someon simply left that little development switch ON after making a few new xml windows and then recompiled, but the standard is to leave that off.....

Now, if the person was in the standard UI resolution 800 x 600, the snap might be set to 5 pixels, but at a higher res it might smaller/larger and since OUR CustomUI's are not on their grid, everything starts to go bogus..... food for thought....

Some of my hoizontal mods are going off by 4/5 pixels others by a much larger number and it seems now that I think about it, that that spacing has a ton to do with where a Default UI item might start in comparison. 2x5 narrow Selector window moves all the way to the left to where a 1x 10 would start, but my ActionWindow which is much wider than the default, moves only a few pixels....

Last edited by sc2kmayor : 02-07-2003 at 11:23 AM.
sc2kmayor is offline   Reply With Quote