Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-09-2002, 05:48 PM   #1
Bohorroth
A Treant

Exclamation Industrial skin [1.21] (updated for todays patch)

Caution:
This theme is ONLY for the resolution 1280x1024

The installation is similiar to the Quartz theme, so just read the *.txt and folllow those instructions.

One tiny feature are the playerstats, I used the friendswindow to draw them, so hit "alt+f" to pull them out and see some stats monitored.

Download 1.21 here, works with the recent patch

History:
---------

1.2.1:
-------

- Made it compatible with todays patch
- Compass works
- Modified the buffbar

1.2:
----

- Gauges edited [credits to vert]

1.12:
-----

- Fixed the hotbuttons

1.1:
----

- Moved one highlight of the top target window to the upper right corner, because it was irritating a bit

- Moved the target percentage right next to the target hp bar and changed the color to white

- Reassigned the chat window to make it better viewable (it's now more visible, even if its not active)

- Scrollbars moved to the left (intention was to hide the scrollbars, since I use shift+pageup / pagedown to scroll... you can see them now, but scrolling is only available when the window is active)

- Changed the group hp percentage colors to white

- Removed the playername

! Don't forget to overwrite the UI_playername_servernumber.ini again, because I changed the chat window positions.
Also change the UISkin=default line to UISkin=industrial in your eqclient.ini to see the gauge graphics!

------

Thanks for the positive feedback and also for the suggestions

Bohorroth Baharroth - Solusek Ro
visit #serverwide.eqgui

Last edited by Bohorroth : 08-14-2002 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-09-2002, 06:02 PM   #2
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda
Default w00t~!

Damn!

Con sarnet!

Great Gilmore's Ghost!

Enough with the expletives of pleasent surprise! This is really frikkin' cool! Are you a professional skin artist, or did you use something as reference, or what? I mean, it's just awesome looking! i'm installing it as we speak. I can understand animation would prolly be tricky, but i'd love to see if you could get it to work--i'm sure some of the mod gurus around here can give you a few tips. 'Ell, if we can send a dancing bananaman to the moon...err...ui, why not some little flashing light thingies? I wish you luck, and congratulate you in advance on an awesome mod (pending testing my myself O.o)
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Old 08-09-2002, 06:11 PM   #3
Bohorroth
A Treant

again... these textures are property of ID soft and I don't own them in any way, but I modified them alot and they don't exist like that really
Old 08-09-2002, 06:35 PM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Cas,

Email me the zip file for this ([email protected]) if you haven't I will post it on the site and change your link... Tripod has a very small download limit..

This is one of the wildest Mods I have seen.. I really like the creativity behind it!

Kudane
EQInterface.com Admin

ps..
Old 08-09-2002, 06:47 PM   #5
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Would do, kud, were it my mod to send. I'm afraid all the credit goes to Bohorroth where it's due, in this case--All i did was snag the first post spot ^.^ (W00t! First post! Ph34r m3!)
Old 08-09-2002, 07:13 PM   #6
Bohorroth
A Treant

no cas, that was an awesome first post, all credits go to you !@#$
Old 08-09-2002, 07:33 PM   #7
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

/bow

I am not worthy

I am not worthy

I am not worthy

/bow

Magelo
Guild Website
Old 08-09-2002, 08:54 PM   #8
Kudane
Co-Founder

Sorry Bohorroth,

You got proper credit on the site... I was hurrying to leave work when I posted.. but took the time to post your file now and will do rest of the uploads later tonight..

changed your links (shrunk image here, linked to bigger image, and added local link to download)

Thank you for sending it so quickly!!!

Kudane
EQInterface.com Admin

Old 08-09-2002, 09:05 PM   #9
aalwein
A Treant

Default i love it

i will be using this UI as soon as i get home from work.

i have just one request, and perhaps I will tinker with it myself. Can you make the group window fit horizontally in that space you created. maybe two rows of three. that way I can set up a second chat window there and a melee combat chat window in the top left.

one question... where is the buff bar?

damn nice skin, best one Ive seen so far.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:17 PM   #10
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

As they said .. give it a couple weeks and watch the UIs come out.

NICE .... that's about all I can say.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
Old 08-10-2002, 04:23 AM   #11
aalwein
A Treant

downloaded it and started playing around with it.

A few things that need/should be tweaked:

1. the scroll bar, chat line and left side of the chat window is covered by the "target" window's border.

2. the "percent" for the target and group members is just too hard to read as a red color. i changed mine to white.

3. the target's name is hard to read due to the color of the graphics behind it. also, the "percent" for the targets health covers the end of the target's name if it is a longish name. not a huge problem really (i just moved the percent over to the left into the beveled area).

I love it. right now I'm just testing it on one of my alts but after I get photoshop reinstalled (my secondary HD with all my apps and downloads failed a few days ago) I will play around with the group box.

one last thing... the green gem on the right of the chat window is pretty and all, but i'm going to expand the hotkeys window to include the inventory , primary, secondary and range slots.

this is a great UI and makes playing with the "new everquest" so much more entertaining.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:41 AM   #12
aalwein
A Treant

I see why the scroll bar in the chat window is hidden - because the transparency in the target window is like glass. you can see through but you cant touch anything.

okay so no scroll bar but i still would like to see the left edge of the text and the actual chat bar in full.

Last edited by aalwein : 08-10-2002 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:09 AM   #13
Walnut
A Bat

Question

I have to say I really like this skin and have it running right now. Great Job! There is however one question I have for you about this skin..call it a bug or what have you, but..the part with the hotkeys..how do you go from the first set of hotkeys to the next? Usually there is an arrow to go left or right; I tried this to no avail..if you come up with anything or if there has been something like this noticed and fixed please let me know via post. I will check back for it.

Thanks again for the great skin and you did an excellent job. Keep up the good work.

Walnut Copperleaf
55 Preserver Drinal server
Stein Guild Member
Old 08-10-2002, 07:13 AM   #14
aalwein
A Treant

Walnut: use SHIFT+1, SHIFT+2, etc to switch to hotkey pages.

I've finished most of my tweaks to this mod now i just have one final problem...

how do i remove my name from the player window. I searched it all over and found no refrence to it at all in the XML... how the heck did it get there?

anyway, got this loaded up on all my toons now. now im going to bed... 5am... good god where does the time go.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:55 AM   #15
Gendal
A Treant

Pretty sure the player name in the player window is displayed by the health gauge, should just be able to delete the EQType from it and it shouldn't display.