Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2002, 12:38 AM   #1
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan
Default Click Beetles

I live in the south, and around this time of year there are always a lot of click beetles. If you don't know what a click beetle is, it's a small black beetle, about an inch long, with pathetically short legs.

The click beetle has a unique way of flipping itself over when it gets stuck on it's back, which happens a lot. It bends it's neck backwards, then quickly forwards again, causing it's thorax plate to hit the ground and launch it into the air with an audible click. It's kinda fun to catch a lot of them and place them in plastic cups to amplify the sound.

Anyway, these things like to come in my house at night, and then start clicking on the tile floors, and it's driving me nuts because I keep thinking it's the sound of someone's ankles popping as they sneak around behind me. My younger brother is almost 21 but he still likes to scare me, so I'm paranoid. Hehehe

They also waste a lot of my time since I'm too nice to kill them. I catch them all and throw them outside. I was just wondering if anyone else out there is having problems with insects, seeing as how it's bug season and all.

Don't even get me started on mosquitos.