Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Default 2nd attempt, PsP + transparency

I asked this question before, but didn't actually recieve a suitable answer. I know how to use the Alpha channel in Paintshop Pro in order to get on/off type transparency. Getting my images the shape I want is easy using this method. That's not what i'm looking for.

What I need is for someone with PSP experience, to explain step-by-step, the steps that are required to create partial transparencies for the graphics the EQUI will use. The best example i've seen is the Thangor dragon spellbook. The dragon's wings are partially see-through. Just like if you held up a thin piece of cloth and held your hand behind it, you'd be able to see your hand through the material. Versus it completely blocking your hand, or showing only your hand.

I've seen a rough tutorial on doing this using layers, but it was drastically incomplete. I have failed about 20 attempts, with varying degrees of crappy results. I need to know the steps from the Blank image to the save-as option. Even if it's just a simple circle with nothing fancy in it. I can expand the process to a more complex image, once I have the procedure down. I've been trying to finish a mod now for 3 months, but this final step is holding me up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rolleo is offline   Reply With Quote