Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2017, 09:35 PM   #271
Qulas
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok
So with the Player Window would you prefer an AC1, AC2, ATK1, ATK2 layout with the AA and TRIB values being removed and HST moved down; or would you prefer something else - EN will stay but I'm open to opinions on what to put under it.

Wouldn't mind losing AA and TRIB to get all 4 of the new stats.

Would love a way to get the new Velocity stat on the main screen as well if possible.

Also I always wondered what is SPK on the main tab, if it's nothing important could put it there.

Q
Qulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:10 PM   #272
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm pretty sure very few people use the built in voice chat these days. I'm actually thinking of redesigning the whole window.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:40 PM   #273
Qulas
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
I'm pretty sure very few people use the built in voice chat these days. I'm actually thinking of redesigning the whole window.

Any ETA on that new window?
Qulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:35 PM   #274
Savok
On tour since '99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qulas
Any ETA on that new window?

Soon*

Basically I have having to re do the window and draw some new textures and stuff like that for each color.
Savok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #275
LadyRhaevyn
A Gray Wolf

Server: Firiona Vie
Thumbs up Awesome!

I've not set foot in Norrath for ages and wanted a new UI. Savok, you're the only one who is current and has a style I love. It's working fine as of this writing.

If I could make any requests they would be as follows:

1. Can you add character level next to name in the player window? I know people who are maxed don't care but us returning folk are always leveling and I have to keep opening my inventory to check.

2. Is there a way to show con color in the target window? Just a QoL thing.

3. This is probably something no one can fix because I've searched and searched... you know when you track quests? It's a very distracting and hard to read list on the screen. If it could be put into one of your smooth modules that would be amazing (because I'm too lazy to keep opening up the journal and like a quick checklist on my screen).

Again, thank you so much for your hard work! Those of us returning (and I'm sure the vets) really appreciate this gorgeous UI.

Last edited by LadyRhaevyn : 02-18-2017 at 09:21 AM.
LadyRhaevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #276
Savok
On tour since '99

1. Yes I can but I won't. the amount of times you level you really don't need to have that information on the player window.

2. The player windows should already show the target con color on the left.

3. Not sure what you mean by this, is this something new in game? I haven't actually played for 6 years now so I'm not up to date on all the new stuff.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:38 AM   #277
LadyRhaevyn
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
1. Yes I can but I won't. the amount of times you level you really don't need to have that information on the player window.

2. The player windows should already show the target con color on the left.

3. Not sure what you mean by this, is this something new in game? I haven't actually played for 6 years now so I'm not up to date on all the new stuff.

Thanks for your reply Savok! I'll have to take a screenshot for #3. It's no big deal, but I've been taught it never hurts to ask.

And as for #2 *facepalm* I never even noticed that!

I haven't gone through all the notes here, but I'm ASSuming there is a difference in the way things work on the TLP? I miss my big bank window
Old 02-19-2017, 05:26 AM   #278
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

there should be a task tracker window allready on your screen pr default, it aint pretty put its click through and invis, only shows the check box and name and steps in the task that is not complete, atleast mine does pr default.

its part of the default ui, so if its not in savok ui it should still show on the screen, unless savok got the equi.xml hijacked but then i think the ui should red text you on load.
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #279
LadyRhaevyn
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneStarwalker
there should be a task tracker window allready on your screen pr default....

That's exactly the window I was talking about and it's **** ugly. I hate it. I would love to see that incorporated into a Savok window. Like I said in my original post, I do use it because I prefer to see a short list of the tasks I'm on rather than the bulky journal. But it's just clunky, hard to read, and messes up my Savok aesthetic *smirks*

Heres screenies for Savok:

It's readable against darker backgrounds (still ugly)

But against anything light it's almost impossible to read since it has no background to contrast

Last edited by LadyRhaevyn : 02-20-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #280
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

so you want the window inside a themed savok ui window?, that would fit in your bottom area? or sitting where it sit now? but themed like the bottom windows?

sorry savok, if i am overstepping any boundaries i am jusst trying to figure out what should be done with the window, because it uses the wdt:deft window style so its just making it not alpah to ge those border on it, but the background is turned off in the xml, but could easily set that true, and the window is allready resizable, the coloring of hte steps deosnt seem to be something you can change though as all label and text colors in the xml is set to white.

so if its ust having it non alpah with the right click menu and then turn on background in the xlm, and boom its themed? or
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #281
LadyRhaevyn
A Gray Wolf

I actually don't mind having it where it is, but like you said, would be better with a background for contrast so I could actually read it (and yes, so it would match the UI). Another thing that would be nice - and I have no idea how things are coded, not my strongsuit - but if I could adjust the tasks to a slimmer width and have the text wrap, then the fit would be even better. The window as it is does not word wrap so long details are not visible unless I want this thing across my entire screen.

Again, this is just a QoL issue and I don't expect Savok to make this, but figured I'd ask anyway.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:55 PM   #282
dupliciti
Premium Member

Server: Stormhammer

Not to rile any feathers. But I've used this particular UI for years now and am very much indebted to Savak for maintaining it. But I have to say the latest version if this UI as was requested looks great. But also I really miss the Window Selector bar. Sorry but I just do. It is very convenient
dupliciti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:39 PM   #283
Savok
On tour since '99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupliciti
Not to rile any feathers. But I've used this particular UI for years now and am very much indebted to Savak for maintaining it. But I have to say the latest version if this UI as was requested looks great. But also I really miss the Window Selector bar. Sorry but I just do. It is very convenient

Go ahead and delete the EQUI_SelectorWindow.xml file and it will switch back to default.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #284
Savok
On tour since '99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRhaevyn
I actually don't mind having it where it is, but like you said, would be better with a background for contrast so I could actually read it (and yes, so it would match the UI). Another thing that would be nice - and I have no idea how things are coded, not my strongsuit - but if I could adjust the tasks to a slimmer width and have the text wrap, then the fit would be even better. The window as it is does not word wrap so long details are not visible unless I want this thing across my entire screen.

Again, this is just a QoL issue and I don't expect Savok to make this, but figured I'd ask anyway.

I have been trying to play with it on Test to see what I can do.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #285
dupliciti
Premium Member

Server: Stormhammer

That did the trick. Couldn't be happier. Thanks once again Savok.
dupliciti is offline   Reply With Quote