Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 09-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #1
Azuth
A Snow Cougar

Default The boats in EQ

I play n the Ayonae Ro server and on that server for a while the boats were completely down then they got them moving again but they only go about half way. Are any other servers having this problem? Just once in my time I'd like to go to FV and not worry about a drider using one of those legs do reinact a prison scene.
Azuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #2
Taleisin

all servers are like that, except test, I hear they are planing a total revamp to the boat system with LDoN since it is going to be a oldworld expansion.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:20 PM   #3
Azuth
A Snow Cougar

Thanks. It would be nice if there was a second translocater at the TD docks. If there is a second one he's well hidden. I may be 51 but driders still scare me. Best thing I can do is send a pet on a suicide run and use a SoW potion to run to the out post untill they fix the boats.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:24 PM   #4
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Alright...
... what the heck is a drider?

(Oh, and translocater... well hidden... are you talking about a spire? Forgive my ignorance - I'm a druid so I don't hit FV that much. Though I do go through with an alt once in a while, I generally use the PoK stone for that though.)

Er.. yeah,
Tellgar
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 02:05 AM   #5
Azuth
A Snow Cougar

Drider is a D&D monster that is part Drow (Dark Elf) and part spider. Sony calls them drachnids.

The translocater is an NPC the when you say the proper trigger words will send you to the docks of the stopping point for the boats. The one in EFP will send you to Erud's crossing. The one in BB will send you to TD. I haven't found one from ECing or TD to finish the trek. I was stuck in Ecing for a few hours before I just used gate and left.

But on a side note I don't have as much a reason to care, I got my 50+ mage spells with the help of a good friend of mine. She took the driders far away from my path and I ran with an SoE to the out post. Now to just sit back and wait for the boats to be fixed.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:29 AM   #6
Oblivion_Angel
A Snow Cougar

Server: Morell thule
Send a message via AIM to Oblivion_Angel

after pop came out i really havent found any reaso to take and of the boats, im a duid so just about everywhere i go i can either port myself to or just use the stones in pok, boats were never worth the time, even though i never had any problems like the ones your tlaking about
Old 09-08-2003, 11:37 AM   #7
Taleisin

I have played all classes and all races (except stupid froggies) and even as a druid or a wizard I found myself on the boats... just for realism... I allways thought the journey should take at least 5 RL hours *which is nearly half a year in EQtime if I got my timetable right*
Old 09-08-2003, 12:05 PM   #8
Zantral
A Snow Griffin

how can 5 rl hours be half a year. SK harm touch is on a 24 hour timer ingame and refreshes after 45 minutes RL time. so if 45 minutes is 24 hours ingame than 5 hours RL would be 9 days EQ time

Dont mean this as a flame sorry if it comes across that way. I may be wrong about 45 minutes. I havent used HT in a long time. its the same timer as Lay on Hands. its either 45 or 90 minutes. either way its still only 24 hours EQ time.
Zantral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:20 PM   #9
Vampris
A Ghoul

Server: e`ci
Default Boats broken...

I dont think we have any problems on E`ci but i dont think anyone uses the boat except to go to OOT... and i know that boat works fine.. with PoP you dont really need the boats any more. unless going to a zone the boat passes through... OOT, TD exc...
Old 09-08-2003, 03:59 PM   #10
Azuth
A Snow Cougar

The only reason I want the boats back is because some spells I need are only for sale in the bazaar for several grand or in the FV out post. I just wanted a way to get there without running past half a zone of angry driders. Luckly for me I got my friend to run interferance so I could get to FV easily.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:46 PM   #11
Zantral
A Snow Griffin

hehe I have POP but i refuse to use the books for transportation. Its no fun. Wizards and Druids used to beable to make money by porting. Now the only way for them to make money is to farm, And I hate farming. My SK runs everywhere because the real adventure and fun is getting to where you need to go. Sure my wizard ports where he can. But I love a boat ride just as much as the next guy. I wish they were back too.
Zantral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #12
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

I too like running to destinations, but unfortunately I have encountered just recently a caster who wanted to port me to a location for 100p! I told him 'Thanks. But no thanks." At which he shouted, "Fine! Use the books then!" That kinda turned me off of porting casters for a while. Looks like its back to SOW and running and the occassional books.

I vote for the boats back too!

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:26 PM   #13
Dwarph_MM
A Fire Beetle

Server: Mithaniel Marr

As for the time question, I think 3 hours = 1 EQ day, I think
Dwarph_MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 04:00 PM   #14
OMEGA(56)BARD
A Gray Wolf

Server: nun ya beezwax
Send a message via AIM to OMEGA(56)BARD
Angry ALL YOU

ALL YOU FRUITS

AS YOU CAN TELL I HATE ALL OTHER CLASSES BUT I FINALLY DECIDED NOT TO FIGHT ALONE ANYMORE thats right lv. 56 all alone and im just a bard SO IF YOU NEED SOME ONE WHO IS AN EXPERT AT BARDMANSHIP JUST ASK AND I WILL JOIN YOUR GUILD---NO NEWB GUILDS PLEASE

ALL OTHER CLASSES SUCK
MUSIC IS BARD
OMEGA(56)BARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 04:28 PM   #15
Taleisin

yeah I knew I probably had that time table wrong, but it should still take a long time... maybe 6 EQ days from butcherblock to freeport and 4 EQ days from Keynos to Odus

all classes in EQ suck, as well as races... just compair them to D&D... yup, they all suck... but especially bards.

(Drow / Psionic) lvl 13