Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 06-14-2003, 05:47 PM   #16
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It was stated pretty clear that parties of 5 or 6 will be able to enter... I do hope they change on that!
Old 06-15-2003, 02:21 AM   #17
Shadus
A Gray Wolf

Actually... I'm rather glad on the group enforcement.

Personally, I'd rather it was 4-6... but hey. Their call.

See... I'm part of a small Guild... sure, the guild management tool tells me there's 134 members... but my house accounts for 24 of them... my guild MA accounts for 16 more... you begin to see the picture.

When we do have a good turn out... we see 5 to 9 people in a given level range... 9 is good... we can do small raids. 5 isn't so good... there's a lot of difficulty in going many places and accomplishing something... actually reach some sense of achievement.

Sure, we can hunt here or there... we can lay waste to greens and light blues for quests... but rarely do we get a sense of, 'Wow... lookee what we did! Behold, our marvelous spiffiness!'

I'm also glad about the short time requirements... there's nothing worse than saying, 'Guys... let's go do Fear!' and getting back, 'Man... I'm only going to be on for 4 hours... is it really enough time to bother going?'

It's nice to feel that I don't have to recruit power gamers and loot junkies in my guild to make sure that I have enough force to do something with my more casual players. I like our small guild's laid back feeling... I like knowing that while we will never be the first into a zone... or that we'll never be whispered on the lips of players across the server... that sooner or later we'll do it all. Because we want to. Because we can. But we'll do it our way... in our own time... when we feel up to it. It's nice that there will be something for us to do in the mean time... something that isn't all about being first... or best... or anything other than just having fun.

Shadus MacAoidh
Legendary Shadow Hunters
Xegony
Shadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 03:51 AM   #18
T Elessar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Quellious

This expansion has some very good potential to be an entertaining addition to EQ
Old 06-15-2003, 11:37 AM   #19
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

I think every since sony took charge of the game they have been makeing some nice improvements. This expansion will be great for those days you only have an hour or two to play. From the looks of the teaser on the webpage it also looks like its near teleport / book areas for easy access.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 10:45 PM   #20
Lenardo
Monkly-Business.com Admin

Default well

i like the idea of single group encounters etc, but what about those of us that LIKE TO RAID?

what will there be for Multiple groups?

if they stated that 10-25%(4-10 zones) of the 40 dungeons are set for guilds then i'd be happier than i am now.

if there is nothing for raid material - as a guild - then this expansion will do the one thing that no other expansion has done. left out something for the high end player.

eq had vox and nagafen

kunark had trak and vp

velious had kael, sleepers,dragons

luclin had various "boss" encaounters culminating in VT

PoP is pop...

if there is nothing for the high end raid guild, then you will be seeing a massive defection from eq to other games when the elemental planes have 10+ guilds and several guilds in the plane of time on every server creating massive dissatisfaction.

if you say that is not many people you are mistaken

lets say for example that by the time ldon is released there are 8 guilds elemental tagged or better on every server (and there will be atleast that many, my server has 5 currently) there are 40 servers, each GUILD has ~75 members or more

8x75x40=24,000 players in elemental planes add in multiple accounts, etc you are talking about 10% of your playerbase will be "crowded"

if they did the expansion where you have to do all the single group dungeons to access the multi group dungeons then that in and of itself is a good "timesink" say 10 "raid" dungeons... 30 for single groups,

guild Alpha runs all their members thru the other 30 to access "raid dungeon" have said dungeons as tiers themselves.
level 1 dungeons 1-4.. then once past all of those you get access to 5-7, then once thru those 8,9 and then finally 10. yes similar to pop's setup but that works with a nice streamlined approach, and 75% of the content would be accessable to single groups, once said groups did all the single groups they could team up with their friends and guildmates to do the other ones.

nice clean and would make everyone happy.
Lenardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 12:00 AM   #21
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

the Majority OF ALL expansions have thus far been Game play for the UBER "raid" Guilds....I for one hope LDoN is NOT another.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:25 AM   #22
Scrooluse
A Ghoul

Server: Solusek Ro

I completely agree... The past expansions have been geared toward "higher, bigger, better"... but now due to a large influx of new players, they are sort of suffocating in finding a great zone with great loot for the level.... I remember as soon as I dinged 23 it was an automatic response that I head up to HHK and park my butt there until level 37. But I am now looking for something to do with my lower level chars like Cenni and whatnot... a great area is something incredibly difficult to locate.

I mean there are times I absolutely get sick of having to pencil in a raid every other day, a good day for me is grabbing a functional group and going spelunking. Some of my fondest memories were down in WR/RR in HHK. After about 2 hours of play you pretty much knew every piece of loot that dropped from what mobs.

Senzari Kajukenbo
Sons of the Spirits
Level 50 Monk

Cennidwen
Dark Hour
Level 25 Druid
Scrooluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:24 AM   #23
Shadus
A Gray Wolf

It never fails it amaze me. Even were there 8 guilds per server elemental capable... let's stop and think about that shall we? That's 8 guilds... and 4 planes. That's two guilds per plane.

Did we forget how to share, boys and girls? Do we need to go back to kindergarten and learn why we should play nice with the other children?

Oh... right. I forgot. LOOT! We can't share... hell... we can't all be in different zones... because only the big named mobs matter! And they have respawn times!

*sigh*

You know why LDoN appeals to me most? Because it specifically doesn't try and train all the newer players that we must beat, cheat or screw our fellow player out of getting to the named mob first. It specifically doesn't teach them that only the named mob matters... everything else is for losers and wannabes.

Well... guess what? I'm a loser and damn proud of it. I take a named now and again... my guild is slowly working up to speed to do bigger and better things. Since the flags came off, we've seen teir two... and in a week, we should be ready to get the flags the old fashioned way. Give us a month, and we'll be ready for some of the teir two bosses. Sure... we're moving slow... but we're doing it with style... we're doing it with skill. We're NOT doing it with hordes of members bent on 'gimme gimme gimme'.

So please... if LDoN upsets you that much... go ahead. Head to another game. Just makes more room in PoTime when we get there.

Shadus MacAoidh,
Legendary Shadow Hunter
Xegony
Shadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:12 AM   #24
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

I'm excited about the new expansion having a bunch of new content that does not require a huge raid size guild. I'm looking forward to it.

---Margrave
Margrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:40 AM   #25
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Default Re: well

Quote:
Originally posted by Lenardo
i like the idea of single group encounters etc, but what about those of us that LIKE TO RAID?

what will there be for Multiple groups?

if they stated that 10-25%(4-10 zones) of the 40 dungeons are set for guilds then i'd be happier than i am now.

if there is nothing for raid material - as a guild - then this expansion will do the one thing that no other expansion has done. left out something for the high end player.

eq had vox and nagafen

kunark had trak and vp

velious had kael, sleepers,dragons

luclin had various "boss" encaounters culminating in VT

PoP is pop...

Have you Finished Velious, Luclin, and POP? I for one am just now farming the items to make my empoeror(sp) Key for SSra, and then want to move on to my VT Key.

You asked "what about those who like to raid?" well I only know of 2 guilds that Have gotten to the Plane of Time (though there maybe more) Sooo while I understand it may not be "new" to the world.. if you haven't fought some of the big mobs in SOL, an POP... you still have something to raid that is new to you.

BTW "multiple groups" are called raids.. even if your not doing a boss mob.. sooo you question about "multiple groups" goes back to raiding

Quote:
Originally posted by Lenardo
if there is nothing for the high end raid guild, then you will be seeing a massive defection from eq to other games when the elemental planes have 10+ guilds and several guilds in the plane of time on every server creating massive dissatisfaction.

if you say that is not many people you are mistaken

lets say for example that by the time ldon is released there are 8 guilds elemental tagged or better on every server (and there will be atleast that many, my server has 5 currently) there are 40 servers, each GUILD has ~75 members or more

1. There are not 8 guilds on each server in the elemental planes.. there might be an average of 3.. and since LDoN is rumored to be release in September (thats about 90 days from now) there wont be 5 more... while I appreciate your concern for crowding in the planes.. I am in one of those guilds that is working there.. and so far you the only one that think anyone is leaving because they are not adding yet *another* place for us to go raid.

2. Everytime someone is not happy with the next expansion or next phase of EQ we hear "well there will be a mass exodus in people.." the truth is, that SOE doesnt respond to threats, sooo threating to leave if they don't do XXXXX doesnt work.. and People who chose to leave because they don't like some aspect of the game were already working their way to the door. My guild is very strong on Zeb and we will get to the plane of time, but we are not going to hold our accounts hostage, and threaten to leave if they dont give us what we think we deserve..

If you think about it, POP came out almost a year ago, and most of us have only seen 1/3 of the zones they added. Why would you build another expansion to do the same thing again? Why not release something that will allow those who do more grouping to play and have fun as much as the "raiders" are?

While I can appreciate the thought behind your post, I would say your about 6 months to a year early.. In another year there will be lots of people in the elemental planes. and when they announce the next expansion.. I bet you will see some place for all of them to go

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:47 AM   #26
Kasiryn
A Ghoul

For those complaining about raiding, stop and think for a minute. Say u get 3 groups together to do a raid, well in this expansion each group will get it's own dungeon to take on. What really makes u mad? The fact that you might have to actually be careful, and take your time? Or that u just cant go in and wipe out the whole zone in 30 mins and get all the good loot? And Sony has heard all the EMPTY threats before about "everyone will quit EQ because of this". They are trying to make the game appealing for ALL. That means some consideration for us single groupers also. Didn't mean for this to turn into a flame post, but I'm sick of everything being tailored to the hardcore gamers.
Kasiryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:59 AM   #27
Suvene
A Bat

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Exactly Kasiryn
Suvene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 11:12 AM   #28
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Well said Kasiryn.

---Margrave
Margrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:31 PM   #29
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Couldn't have said it any better Kasiryn! Kudos to you!

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:32 PM   #30
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Ok, No more Flames.. not going remove any of the others.. but lets keep it on the discussion of LDoN..

/bow
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote