Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 06-21-2004, 10:42 PM   #16
Wiffle
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

hang in there man, i took a wizard to 65 with 108 AAs, Pally to 65 with 4 aas, 65 ranger with 198 aas, and a necro to 296 aas... and im still a twink-newb.

Just use ignore, and if ur list is full, go play CS for an hour or something
Wiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:01 AM   #17
Keel187
A Bat

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiffle
Just use ignore, and if ur list is full, go play CS for an hour or something [/B]

Rofl! CS.... the best way to piss yourself off... ever.
Seriously though someone made a comment eariler about how kids are off school so we have to accept that it will happen. I hate EQ kids... thats inless they know just what they are doing. I myself am still a kid, well I guess you can call me a teen =( I do... sometimes... most of the time, no what I am doing. But anyway my point is that I agree with who ever posted that.

For my second rant I will talk about noobs. I myself loved (keyword loved) helping noobs. Now anymore it has become more of a burdan. I make a lot of charaters and most are low level since I fool around with tradeskills and marketing more than I exp, so I do see many a noobs. I remember this one time when I was on my necromancer. It was in PoK and I was walking toward the necromancer guildhouse and this barbarian warrior started following me. I tried to lose him by quickly ducking into another room but this one actually had brains! So then he talks to me out loud and asks for armor and plat. I /tell him and say something like, "I am sorry but I don't give to beggers. The only thing I do give to them is advice. If you beg you will no recive but if you work you will have fun and then one day you will no longer need high level charaters to give you things." I thought I was very polite to him. But of course he curses me out and follow me around intil I gate out. That proved to me EQ was becoming more and more like The Sims Online (/cough sucks /cough)... Everyone is mad and wants to ruin the game for other people by not working.

I hope that made sense to anyone.. it is late here
Keel187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:36 AM   #18
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro

I have a Nooby helping Story.

Ok i had just got Grapht sight and Grapht speech., so i was tring them out. Do i was in Gfay adn i parked my pet and and hid and talked through my pet for a while. THen this real nooby comes walkin by. I had been havong the pet ask were his mastor was. So he says "i'll help you, were did u last see your master?" and i turned it into a little quest. He was a warrior so i lead him to the Bazaar and bought him a centi short sword( just cause i remeber having one on my war) and gave him like 20pp just for being nice. The sad part came when he asked if this sort of thing(playermade quests) were common. Saddly i said no, but i wish they were. THere should be highlevels who make a quest for noobys, i dunno have tehm bring you spider silks and a pattern and tehn u can make them gear. That would be really cool. Even if the reward is that great, its still fun doing quests that art broken and dont take 3 weeks. I'd even do a quest for a not to good reward. I's bank that reward and remeber the quest by it. I just went back and re did my nooby armor quests. Yea the gear is crappy at my lvl(dinged 46 last night) but i dont care, they were fun quests.
EQ is becomeing to Grind orented instead of ......Quest...... orented

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #19
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

/applaud Archer!

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:55 AM   #20
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally posted by ArcherPhate
THere should be highlevels who make a quest for noobys, i dunno have tehm bring you spider silks and a pattern and tehn u can make them gear. That would be really cool.

I had done this before in the past. I had quite a few newbies running around Qeynos Hills, Blackburrows, and West Karana looking for items in a way of a quest. They had a blast and were rewarded for their services.

I also have done a version of hide and seek using riddles as to where I was hidden. When they found me, I gave them a magical item for all their trouble of seeking me out. I needed something to do with the magical gear that I no longer used and wasn't bothered with sitting in the bazaar 'trying' to sell it. So what better way than giving it away as a gift or quest related hunt.

Good going Archer.... Keep doing this and enjoy yourself.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:48 AM   #21
arkusrex
A Treant

Starting to get annoyed?I think I hit that plateau 5 years ago or so.But on the quest thing....at one time you could give money to a mob and it would become loot on a kill.I would give 20p or such to large rat then tell the (newbie)zone...to find the rich rat.Also had a guild long ago that featured quests based on level.And I thought the whole "twinking" issue was dead...what with damage caps and the need to get one's skill's up(much less will this character make the "cut")I don't give a new character good gear until 20 plus generally.And I don't care if someone does.It's their game...their money..their time....
{above taken from: A sociopath's sojurn in a social(game) setting.}
arkusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:35 PM   #22
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally posted by arkusrex
at one time you could give money to a mob and it would become loot on a kill.I would give 20p or such to large rat then tell the (newbie)zone...to find the rich rat.

Ahhh yes.. I remember those days... I used to also give mobs weapons that would benefit the newbie as well (occassionally the mob would win because of the weapon boost *blushes*)... Back then bronze, fine steel, and velium weapons were popular and people were happy to get them. It was fun watching a newbie smack on a gnoll pup weilding a fine steel long sword and once defeating it, found it had a fair amount of coin as well.
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:34 PM   #23
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

Ok, i am old school like most of you in the post.. And yes.. thes people asking for stuff.. and a pl.. is getting.. very tirer some... I say.. I cant right now sorry.. Helping a guildie.. and then flip out on me.. I think.. They should make a server.. were only people you have been playing eq for 4+ years should be able to play on it.. And if no one gets what i just said that is because i have not had any sleep in 2 days .. Work.. and Work.. and Helping mom do things around the house.. haha.. Well if you do get it.. Then you know what i mean.. Bugger off newbies wanting pls every other tell!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #24
xikisx13
A Bat

Quote:
Originally posted by kasca
Man .. i remmber whin i first started. Peaple helped each other (mostly).

Last night on my 53 rog half elf. Carring 2 daggers sitting looking for a lodn. This guy runs up (cons blue) asks if iam looking for a group. I say yes. He then says good your not busy pl me! After i /rofl on him. I told him i MADE my lvls never been pl. Wont pl. If he wants to make lvl go do it as i did, work for it!

These peaple are crap. Anyone who is pl is usless in a group. They out lvl there skills. Worse yet dont know there char!

Yea i remember when i started playing in '01 or '02 People were so nice... how things have changed
xikisx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:41 PM   #25
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

I think that the main cause of these is that there are no real newbies.... its all lvl 65s and their alts. They have their friends/guilds etc and anyone who isnt apart of it are sol and not worth the effort or time to be courteous to.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:29 PM   #26
Bikther
99% EVIL, 1% Cute Bunnies

Server: Innoruuk

People only being concerned with themsleves is becoming very obvious on Inny.

Flagraiders started off strong and was dong well...then people started filling out the flags, then don't stick around to help any one else.

Just like people who join a guild get epic'ed then bail on them.

Sad state of affairs...fortunatly these types will hit WoW and EQ2 when they come out, and we will have the game back to ourselves.
Bikther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:59 PM   #27
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Sad state of affairs...fortunatly these types will hit WoW and EQ2 when they come out, and we will have the game back to ourselves.

Interesting point Bikther, and when they get there, there won't be a lot of people at high levels either, to PL them. LOL.....
Old 06-24-2004, 12:25 AM   #28
Thomus
Featured Artist

Server: Brell Serilis
Featured Artist
Send a message via Yahoo to Thomus

I learned early on in EQ to take everything said with a grain of salt. With that said, I last a lot longer in online games, and my experience is always usually really good.

When I was playing actively, I was a big goof ball, and I spoke 'in character' quite often. I learned to use 'selective reading' being a high-level Shaman. I ran a semi-RP guild full of casual high-level players who were all good natured, I learned the best way to improve my online experience, was to either play solo, or surround myself with good fun like-minded people.
Thomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:03 AM   #29
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

Thats what i do thomus, but the morons still get to me. Especially when i know i'm a good gamer and someone who doesn't know me at all says something to tick me off.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:58 AM   #30
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

Couldn't agree more , im in a guild that are older/mature players that helps.Sadly my friends list is mostly of people who have quit the game ( moved on to the high game /end game), are playing difrent games atm or just need a break (read waiting for the bugs to go away).

Said before to friends of late i have had more fun makeing mods for eq than playing the class i started out as .Class balanceing , bugs in game an the conection problems seem to get some from playing .Add a jerk or two an it seems hopeless.Its not so dont give up.

But this time of year i notice as a daily player ,some people just disapear.My theory is the rise in imature tpes.As was said before schools out so increase in rude , imature,self centered brats will drop as it gets closer to fall .Then increase again during winter.

Interesting idea on who will stay player type wise when these other games go live.Hopefuly the good players/people wount be burnt out by then an migrate to new games only to run into same rude/imature people in difrent pixel form.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote