Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #46
DarthT8r
A Gray Wolf

wow, you are a coding machine, egras. i hope you make a 640x480 someday, because i can never find one that works anymore. it could have pink unicorns and teddy bears all over it, and i'd still use it!
DarthT8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:28 AM   #47
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

EgrasUI 8.0 Lite doesnt fit well with that resolution? See what it would look like for me. Your not gonna have a ton of view space, but might fit your preferences. If not, you have to give me something to go on for changes.

The EgrasUI 8.0 Lite Download Area:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4690
Old 06-06-2006, 07:29 AM   #48
Egras
A Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by firescue17
This is absolutely beautiful. However, it seems the seconds don't count down correctly with these tracks?
I noticed that the files are acting up. Im assuming its the compression I used. I am working on them as we speak. I will have them fixed if it kills me.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #49
DarthT8r
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egras
EgrasUI 8.0 Lite doesnt fit well with that resolution? See what it would look like for me. Your not gonna have a ton of view space, but might fit your preferences. If not, you have to give me something to go on for changes.

yeah, its pretty big for 640x480, even though it fits well in 800x600. i'm attaching a screenshot below.

it basically covers the entire screen, without chat windows included. some of the pieces would be very good for a 640x480 ui though. the micro hotbars (2 and 3) would work really well for all 4 hotbars, with no slots above. then you could just opt not to use the actions menu, which is huge in that resolution. the micro inventory+options button is also very nice in this resolution.

the second attachment is a screenshot of menuetop ui by sylphan in 640x480. its also better suited for 800x600, but the buff bar and spell bar shown are about the right size.

it used to be you could just piece together all the smallest stuff you could find, but even pieces that are made to be standalone, and are up to date, don't work correctly a good ammount of the time since PoR came out.

edit: one idea to add, although i'm not sure if its possible. for interfaces aimed at low stress, it would be cool to have sliced out clip plane sliders. you can't bind to mousewheel, and binding 2 keys for actor and 2 for main kind of sucks. that'd actually be pretty handy on just about any interface.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg egraslite9.JPG (67.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg menuetop8.JPG (53.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by DarthT8r : 06-06-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #50
Danyca
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tunare

How do you get the timer to work? Im being blonde right now lol.
Danyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:25 AM   #51
Egras
A Lost Soul

Danyca,

Ya need to downlaod the 60 minute mp3 file and open it in the timer in game. The other files I think I compressed too much to work right. Im fiddling with them now.

DarthT8r,

You surely pose a interesting idea. I honestly dont want to limit my UIs use to those above 640x480. Lemme get the brain turning and see if I cannot do a couple windows at a time. I bet with my coding and your needs, we can make something the smaller resolution players can use.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #52
Danyca
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tunare

Thanks for replying so quickly. I love your UI and has been most effective in my playing style for both melee and caster. Keep up the good work.
Danyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #53
DarthT8r
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Danyca,

Ya need to downlaod the 60 minute mp3 file and open it in the timer in game. The other files I think I compressed too much to work right. Im fiddling with them now.

DarthT8r,

You surely pose a interesting idea. I honestly dont want to limit my UIs use to those above 640x480. Lemme get the brain turning and see if I cannot do a couple windows at a time. I bet with my coding and your needs, we can make something the smaller resolution players can use.

thanks, man. i'd appreciate it. it really helps a ton to be able to run in that resolution in a lot of the new zones, especially for raids and things like that.

there are some things that i don't think people realise when they attempt making micro uis that are probably worth mentioning. for instance, trimmed is good, but 100% trimmed is bad. a lot of times people dont think about it, because they set up their ini throudh editing, but it can be a real bitch to move things with absoultely 0 border, especially spell bars.

another thing is chat window scroll bars. in super low res, the default size scroll bar is pretty fat, so if you want to use 3 or 4 chat windows, the bars eat up a lot of space. i don't really know if scroll bar width is changable or not, but i'm sure that you do.

anything hard coded sucks, so a micro ui should be made to do without as much as possible. i like to use the socials pages, but its probably better just to mod one of the hotbars instead. there's nothing under any of the action tabs that you can't key anyway.

maps are a big problem. i love the guy's small map mod for people that don't edit, that has no buttons or trim. the problem is, even small maps are huge 640x480. i think that's an easy one though, because as far as i can tell, eq maps will scale to whatever size box you put them in. i have a small map that i just keep up in the corner of the screen on my larger res ui, and being able to use mousewheel to zoom in and out makes it fantastic.

off screen information is good. most people playing in that res dont really care if they have to open inventory to check out their stats or exp. there's a ton of neat mods that piece out different stuff to be up all the time, but the only ones i like for small uis are stuff like your micro click box, maps, and clip plane adjusters (if that is indeed possible).

another thing that doesn't work well is street fighter style target bars or life bars. most of the space along the edges is going to be crammed with stuff anyway, so that makes it pretty tough. i've never really liked those much anyway, because i think its too hard to look at that and something else at the same time. in that minuet shot i posted, there's a good group window for small res. it has the player window joined at the bottom, and mana right be low that. its really more sized for 800x600, but its the right kind of piece for the job. something like that, but slightly more compact, with a target bar to match and go below would be perfect.

anyways, i've rambled enough. hopefully that gives you at least a couple of ideas that you like.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #54
Egras
A Lost Soul

User Requested Update (Doranur, MasterLoki's wife and more)
The following is a combined user request by alot of people. The request was to make the hotbutton window 2 and 3 like window 4 or just window 3 like window 4. Either way I decided to make all 3 options available.

This is a legend of sorts to show which is which in the downloads below:

And here are the 3 seperate files:

Configuration A/A/B File: the original file for EgrasUI 8.0 with Hotbutton 2 (Style A), HotButton 3 (Style A) and Hotbutton 4 (Style B).
Configuration A/B/B File: the file for EgrasUI 8.0 with Hotbutton 2 (Style A), HotButton 3 (Style B) and Hotbutton 4 (Style B).
Configuration A/B/B File: the file for EgrasUI 8.0 with Hotbutton 2 (LittleHawkf Style), HotButton 3 (Style B) and Hotbutton 4 (Style B)
Configuration B/B/B File: the file for EgrasUI 8.0 with Hotbutton 2 (Style B), HotButton 3 (Style B) and Hotbutton 4 (Style B).

Last edited by Egras : 06-11-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #55
Egras
A Lost Soul

Repaired the Timer audio files for the Timer mod I did. All the files have "10 second", "5 seconds" and "Time's Up" IN the audio file if your sound is on.

Here are the files again: 1.0 Minute, 1.5 Minute, 2.0 Minute, 2.5 Minute, 3.0 Minute, 3.5 Minute, 4.0 Minute, 4.5 Minute, 5.0 Minute, 8.0 Minute, 19.0 Minute, 28.0 Minute, 36.0 Minute, and 60 Minute
Old 06-12-2006, 04:34 AM   #56
firescue17
Premium Member

Server: Vox

That is truely awesome.
firescue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #57
hazimil
A Treant

Server: Antonious Bayle

Latest patch (this week) has a Group button on the map, so UI needs updating to take this into account.

Please

Haz!

Tradeskills (Salvage 6): Baking: 300+15%, Blacksmithing: 300+15% (Mastery 3), Brewing: 300+15%, Fletching: 300+15%, Fishing: 200+8%, Jewelry Making: 300+15%, Pottery: 300+15%, Research: 210+5%, Tailoring: 300+15% (Mastery 3), Tinkering: 176+5% (Hazatink)

EverQuest Command List
hazimil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:08 PM   #58
Egras
A Lost Soul

I didnt release a mod for the map window yet. Delete the one in your EgrasUI folder if you have one. Still not sure how I want that window to look yet.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #59
hazimil
A Treant

Server: Antonious Bayle

Quote:
I didnt release a mod for the map window yet. Delete the one in your EgrasUI folder if you have one. Still not sure how I want that window to look yet.

Have done, but its in the .zip of your latest release (egrasui_80_052706_1330.zip) so assumed you had done something to it?

Haz!

Last edited by hazimil : 06-16-2006 at 04:01 PM.
hazimil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:31 PM   #60
lilbeargraywolf
A Bat

Cool a couple things

I just loaded the UI and there is one problem and one Suggestion ..The one prob is the friends tab...it brings up the a full view of your Inventory. The suggestion i have is the Buff window...it wont shrink or change size ...I like the Spell Buff window to go virtical on my screen and a bit smaller. Other than that its a great UI. Thanks
lilbeargraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote