Old 09-26-2002, 12:50 PM   #61
Dothar
A Gray Wolf

Im slow but yeha the corner player window is nice i woulnd't mind using that
Old 09-26-2002, 01:49 PM   #62
Haylo
A Ghoul

Default Copy Please

Rolleo I would love a copy of your setup. If you can please e-mail to [email protected] Thanks
Old 09-26-2002, 03:03 PM   #63
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

ack, I certainly didn't mean to hijack this from Cormanth. hehe

With Cormanth's permission, i'll make my setup available for download. I've made quite a few modifications, but as the origonal mod is his, I don't feel right in distributing my version without his consent.

I use it at 1152x864 resolution, by the way.

Here are the 3 major skins i've settled on using:

This is the first one I ended up with, and used for a while.

This one I did using a leather-type scheme that came with DAOC

This one I made for my rogue, since I obviously didn't need spells or mana bar. It could be used for any melee, I guess.

You'll notice that the hotkeybar for the second and third one has 2 extra boxes next to the hotkeys. Those are the primary and secondary slots, I put them there for quicker weapons wapping.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:05 PM   #64
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I certainly have no objections to people making improvements on my work. That's rather what this is all about. I certainly never expected for my mods to get as much attention as they have. So if you want to take what I started and make something of it, be my guest. And I would think that would go for just about any of the UI mods that are being made out there. The idea of someone taking and expanding upon the works of previous creators sparks creativity.

-Cormanth
Old 09-27-2002, 12:22 AM   #65
Falaria
A Bat

Question

I really like this UI, but couls you make a small change?

I want the hoykey but without the inventory bit anlong the bottem?
Old 10-01-2002, 03:08 AM   #66
Salik
A Ghoul

Rolleo,

Hey is it possible for you to post the files for your ui? The first pic of the three (also attactched below)

I would really love this UI for my necro and it suits my needs perfectly.

Thanks

If you cant post it, you can send it to my email: [email protected]

thanks for everything,

Salik (currently usin Cormanth's version)
Old 10-01-2002, 11:43 AM   #67
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Absolutely, sorry for the delay. I'm kinda like the absent minded professor. hehe I got side tracked with another project. I'll try to get it up later today or tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:38 PM   #68
Tyriek
A Fire Beetle

Default I want them pls!

My email is [email protected] pls send me all the pertinent info on downloading and making them work too.
thanks a whole lot. it looks really great!
Old 10-02-2002, 01:59 AM   #69
Tyriek
A Fire Beetle

Default help!

how do i get rid of the target window and the melee window?
Old 10-03-2002, 01:35 AM   #70
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Ok, I went back this evening and looked over my files for this UI mod to see if and how I could update it. and let me say this...

Man! What a hack job!

It's amazing how much better you can do with something when you come back to it later. I did some cleanup and a little dusting off. And after taking some ideas and other people's works into consideration... > this < is what I came up with.

Ofcourse, now that I look at that pic I remember that I forgot to add the tabs to the Hotbutton window for right-clickable items. Doh! I'll get it in the next batch of updates.

I know Rolleo was going to put out his own modified version of this, since he's been doing alot of work on it. And if that's still the case, more power to him. I just felt a twinge of responsibility to put something out that was a tad better than my previous hack job.

I don't have the files ready for upload yet. But hopefully tomorrow I'll have them up on my site and available for download.

Oh, and no those aren't just transparent windows you see in the pic. I actually took the time to simulate a grass/leaf texture which just happens to kinda match EQ's grass texture.

-Cormanth
Old 10-03-2002, 01:49 AM   #71
Salik
A Ghoul

Woot! i cant wait for both your updated ui of for rolleo's ui.

gonna use coramanth's version for my druid and rolleo's for my necro... WOOT

cant wait cant wait cant wait... =)
Old 10-03-2002, 03:32 AM   #72
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Looks great, Cormanth. Good job.

Ok, sorry for the delay on this. Here is a pic of the final product. It looks kinda bright, and transparent because i'm underwater looking at a brightly lit ground. I wanted to show all the pieces, and needed to have the breathing meter up while casting to do that.

My verison of this mod is intended to be used at a resolution of 1152x864. I have also included a read_me.txt file with instructions on how to install this, and a UI_Name_Servername.ini file you 'should' place inside your Everquest folder. This second file (when renamed to your character/servernumber) will properly place all the elements in thier appropriate places on the screen, at 1152x864. I removed the titlebar from most of the windows, so moving them will be difficult, so I recomend you us the included .ini file.

Oh yeah, I use one of the t.king/rem spellbook/gem projects, and I don't know how the spell gem spacing will be with the default gems. If it looks goofy, just use one of those spellbook/gems sets.

Any questions or comments can be directed to me here, or at the email included at the bottom of the read_me.txt file.

Enjoy!
Old 10-03-2002, 10:04 AM   #73
Charmanician
A Fire Beetle

Default Mod Request for Rolleo

The mod is great. I have a request of you though, would it be possible for you to modify the hot button + inventory mod so it is turned around and fit to the right corner of the screen instead of the left?

That would be great if you can spare the time to do that.

Thanks.

Charmanician

PS: Just wanna add a trick that I use with this UI. I made the player/group area totally transparent, this makes a big difference in visiblity.

Last edited by Charmanician : 10-04-2002 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:47 AM   #74
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my pseudo-final modifications to this UI are complete. I don't know if I will be uploading it here or not since Rolleo has already done so with his version of it. However, if you would like to check out my version, head on over to my site and have a look.

The files are available for download there, as well as an in-depth description of the modifications and all included files and features.

-Cormanth
Old 10-17-2002, 12:39 PM   #75
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Default Made it through yet another patch.

If you are using this mod (or atleast my version of it), you shouldn't have had any problems getting it to work after this latest patch (10/16).

If you copied the new UI files from the default folder after the patch, you might experience a few small problems. Otherwise everything should still be working. You just won't have the new windows and new changes to the normal windows.

However, there is an update to my version of this UI available which is fully compatible with all of the latest patch changes.... follow this link here to get a copy.

-Cormanth