Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 11-14-2002, 08:17 AM   #76
hochorz
A Ghoul

Thumbs up Chat Windows

I agree with faBBe on this one, I like the new style windows better than the traditional ones. I too find them very hard to read, especially with the new colors that you're forced to use so you can tell the difference between the 9,000,000 chat channels.

Awesome work faBBe, still can't wait for this one
Old 11-15-2002, 01:51 PM   #77
Luminea
A Snow Griffin

Server: Rathe
Send a message via ICQ to Luminea Send a message via AIM to Luminea

This project still underway Fabbe?
Im on the edge of my seat waiting for it.
Id have the say this UI is the main reason I keep checking back to the site for the past week and half, I can't wait to put it into action.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:08 PM   #78
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

You know- maybe I'm the only one, but looking at the old-style chat window, I have no trouble at all reading the white and yellow, and darker colours work great too. Looking at the new one I notice that I can barely read the purple text at all and would have even more trouble with most other shades of purple and blue, be utterly incapable of reading anything in black, and not have a very easy time with red either. These being my favourite colours to use for chat, I actually prefer the parchment back for readability.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 11-17-2002, 10:42 AM   #79
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Post What's up

Had to take a week break to concentrate on rl/work.

Working on the UI today.

I guess for the chat windows I'll have 2 versions, but I 'll do the 'stoney' backgrounds first as they will use less textures, and the 'parchment' one as a separate download.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:46 AM   #80
Neiloch
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Tholuxe Paells

I can't wait for this man, i wanted a cool viewport mod for a while that jam the view in a corner or somethin and still had a decent sized view.

"Dont screw with someone with a lot of free time"
Old 11-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #81
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default BANK done

Here's a little screenshot update, the BANK window.

Nothing new here, I could have duplicated the inventory bags and cash right by the bank as in the Give window but I dont like the idea of having duplicate information on the screen, I find that confusing.

Nevertheless I'm open to ideas for the bank window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg classic_beta20.jpg (19.4 KB, 191 views)
Old 11-17-2002, 09:17 PM   #82
phineas101
A Ghoul

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to phineas101

Still lookin Great!
Old 11-17-2002, 09:42 PM   #83
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default Update

Here's the GIVE window

That's it for today, I wish it didnt take so long. I spent roughly 9 hours on those last 2 windows :/ Each little piece I cut I have to enter the coordinates both on the game view and in the textures, and for each little piece I have to take a good look at each texture and decide where to fit it so that I am using the fewer textures possible. Not only that but many elements as seen in the game can be put together in many different ways and it all depends how you fit the pieces in the textures, how much graphic intensive you plan the window to be, and the limitations of the XML..

For the tech inclined so far I am using

2 extra textures 128x256
5 extra textures 256x256

5 'replaced' textures (those are loaded in place of the default UI corresponding textures).

Given the main view is done as well as the inventory and player info and group, I 'd say it's still 'lightweight' for the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg give_window.jpg (19.3 KB, 159 views)
Old 11-17-2002, 10:15 PM   #84
trib
A Treant

Thank you for your hard work! This thing rocks!
Old 11-17-2002, 10:50 PM   #85
Alyys SKupre
A Ghoul

Server: Vazaelle
Send a message via AIM to Alyys SKupre
Default autoequip?

I love this UI, the only thing I think I missed was an autoequip area for those lazy folks like me who fish and just drop what we catch into the autoequip area. This UI would make my son feel more comfortable with the game, as he played in that mode for months until he felt more comfortable in the next higher resolution. Probably nicer for people new to EQ (as odd as that seems I guess, I just infected another friend with the bug and he's got everything up to POP in two months now. )

IN all a great effort. I hope to make mine as sweet and seamless.

Vicky/Alyys

(I do NOT suffer from MPD, I enjoy it!)
Master Smith, Baker, Brewer and tradeskill junkie.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:52 PM   #86
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Post cast spell window

A little work today,
here is the cast spell window,
this requires me now to handle 2 versions, the pure melee characters can not open the cast bar window sadly and I have to fill that space of the background somehow.

I am thinking of putting up a beta version soon. I am not playing EQ anymore at the moment, I still enjoy working on the UI though, and I want to get this project finished.

By putting up a beta soon I hope to get useful feedback so I go and make the changes and implement the rest with the ideas from the forum and spend less time "tweaking".

I'll have to at least finish the track / merchant, and loot windows before the beta.

About the Spellbook

I like the idea of the old spellbook's arrangement of the spells. Instead of the same 'grid' of 2x4 spells on each page it had spells arranged in 'clusters'.

WE can NOT have 5 spells per page and we can not have a different spell arrangement on each page.

What I would like to do is just 'break' the boring grid arrangement to create a pattern thats easier to remember
let's say for example

O......O
....O....
O......O
O..O..O

(so like the dots on the 5 of a dice then 3 in a row)

So you might like to have your cure / heal spells in the last row, a big blast spell in the center slot, etc etc. the idea is that the arrangement helps to remember where you put your spells and arrnage them by groups, visually.

Let me know what you think

The spellbook you can see on the screenshot here has NOT been modified at all. It just has the default window 'frame' that comes with all windows in this UI.

PS:the idea with the spell slots is that the 'halo' looks like a little light inside the slot.. it's subtle, I hope that shows..

-faB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cast_window.jpg (87.9 KB, 205 views)
Old 11-21-2002, 12:36 PM   #87
phineas101
A Ghoul

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to phineas101

Great work as usual. Its kind of hard to see the color of the spell gem though. As a Wizard I could see how I can get confused on my DD/AoE spells.

I cant wait for a Beta
Old 11-21-2002, 01:28 PM   #88
Neiloch
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Tholuxe Paells

maybe i'm missing it but wheres the group window? Plus if your gonna you can prolly jam the rest of the buttons from the control bar over the clickies window there, like pet window or what ever.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:53 PM   #89
Amaprotu
A Snow Cougar

Send a message via ICQ to Amaprotu

I definatly think the 'halo' effect is too subtle. It would be nice if it was some sort of gem that filled the space between the icon the edges of the holder.
Old 11-23-2002, 01:49 AM   #90
trib
A Treant

The group window is only open when you're in a group. It covers where the XP and AAXP bar section is now.