Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-17-2002, 07:03 PM   #76
Spooks
A Treant

I've found a few problems with this UI. It has a lot of transparency issue. If you set the normal level to 0, almost none of the windows are functional. For instance, I don't want the border around my buffs. If I only have 3 buffs up, I have this long border running down my screen. You should be able to remove this by setting transparency to 0. Instead, it deletes the buff icons and all you're left with is the name of the buffs. this happens a lot. If you try to make the player window transparent, it removes the icons for attack, ac, etc, and just leaves the numbers. Same thing with the hotbox window, only to a much large extenct. Trying to make the hotbox window should get rid of the bacground, and leave just the buttons. Instead it removes the entire buttons and just leaves the text.

Also, for the caster UI, it would really be great, if you could stop the box right after the AAXp, since casters don't much care about AC and atk. That's just wasted space.

For the grouping window, remove the invite and disband buttons. THis would free up a lot of space, and I don't know many people who use them anyway. ctrl i and d is so much easier.

Also for the caster mod, add a spellboook to the bottom of the spell icons. That would mean people wouldn't have to use a hotbuttom or type book to open it up.

Here's a graphical example of some of these problems.

But I'm not complaining, just offering a few suggestions. Fantastic mod!
Old 08-17-2002, 07:32 PM   #77
Wuhong
A Fire Beetle

Default Inventory window...

Can someone add a "Done" button in the inventory? clicking the little square box and "ESC key" just a lot work thanks......
Old 08-17-2002, 07:38 PM   #78
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Originally posted by Spooks
I've found a few problems with this UI. It has a lot of transparency issue. If you set the normal level to 0, almost none of the windows are functional. For instance, I don't want the border around my buffs. If I only have 3 buffs up, I have this long border running down my screen. You should be able to remove this by setting transparency to 0. Instead, it deletes the buff icons and all you're left with is the name of the buffs. this happens a lot. If you try to make the player window transparent, it removes the icons for attack, ac, etc, and just leaves the numbers. Same thing with the hotbox window, only to a much large extenct. Trying to make the hotbox window should get rid of the bacground, and leave just the buttons. Instead it removes the entire buttons and just leaves the text.

Also, for the caster UI, it would really be great, if you could stop the box right after the AAXp, since casters don't much care about AC and atk. That's just wasted space.

For the grouping window, remove the invite and disband buttons. THis would free up a lot of space, and I don't know many people who use them anyway. ctrl i and d is so much easier.

Also for the caster mod, add a spellboook to the bottom of the spell icons. That would mean people wouldn't have to use a hotbuttom or type book to open it up.

Here's a graphical example of some of these problems.

But I'm not complaining, just offering a few suggestions. Fantastic mod!

I noticed also that if you make the buff box equal 0 when they fade that it makes the buff icons disappear. I am a warrior so I don't know about the spell icons... but my fix for the buff icons is to make the Fade=0 and the Normal=90 (or whatever you want it to be) and that way it makes the border fade out but leaves the icons and text and such viewable (it kinda seems to work different than most boxes). Just my 2 cp.

Cragzak Bonehead ~ Baron Ogre Warlord
Tarew Marr Server
Old 08-17-2002, 11:54 PM   #79
Kenaf_Pureblade
A Gray Wolf

Default Player Window

I love the UI, but being a Paladin, there isn't really a Player Window for me from what you gave. I changed to the WIS caster one, but I don't care what my WIS is.. if possible, I'de like to replace to 'WIS' thing on the Player window to 'ATK', but I couldn't figure out how. Can anyone explain this or.. do it for me?
Old 08-18-2002, 12:01 AM   #80
Iamapen
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Elghinn
Iamapen that looks great would love to try it if you can post the zip for it plz.

Sure, use the attached file.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spooks
Maybe this has been asked before, but how the heck do you open the spellbook?

Ctrl-B is what i use
Old 08-18-2002, 09:16 AM   #81
Velorek
A Treant

I absolutely love this mod and I'm now using it for basically all of my characters. Truly fantastic work.

I would like to get some help if possible on making two slight modifications. The W3 icons for resists and stats are nice but I'd rather make better use of that space for viewing my stats so what I'm looking for is the following:

1) Modify the player window bar underneath the AA XP bar by removing the icons for Str, AC and Atk and rearranging things to include the following (text only):

Str: xxx Wis: xxx HP: xxxx / xxxx
Sta: xxx Int: xxx AC: xxxx
Agi: xxx Cha: xxx Atk: xxxx
Dex: xxx

2) Remove the icons for resists and simply put PR, MR, DR, FR and CR in their places. Someone may have already done this one but can't remember if they still used the icons as well.

That's really it. I can live with the resists one but the first change would really be a big help since it enables you to see all your stats, which I like.

Again, looking for some help on how to do this. I don't really know XML at all but would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Velorek
Old 08-18-2002, 09:51 AM   #82
Velorek
A Treant

Sokol,

I went back and looked at some of the previous posts in this thread one more time and noticed that you basically have already done both of the changes I'm looking for, just in a slightly different implementation. How difficult do you think it would be to reswizzle them like I described above?

Also, if space is too much of a constraint for all 7 stats in the player window, then just Str, Sta, Agi and Dex would be fine since I primarily play pure melee characters anyway.

Lastly, is there any place to add weight to this mod like you did in one of your modifications for someone else?

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2002, 09:57 AM   #83
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol
Default Player Bar request.

I can do the changes you whant, just PM me with a text representation of what you whant..

IE stanmdard vert Palyer window with

Str Str# Sta sta#
Dex Dex# Etc..

Hp
Weight

etc.. let me know the fields you whant.

-Sokol
Old 08-18-2002, 10:04 AM   #84
ShadowcatK
A Ghoul

Unhappy problems with Vert

ok i must have missed something.

i am having a problem with the skin, i followed the instructions and it still will not load correctly.

i d/l it into the UI folder

went into eqclient.ini and changet the coding from:

UISkin=Default

to

UISkin=Vert

went into chat and typed /Vert.

when i get to the character selection screen, the new skin is showing, but when i went into the game the skin was the default. what am i missing or forget to do??

help!
Old 08-18-2002, 10:07 AM   #85
ShadowcatK
A Ghoul

Talking

i am a silly kitty heh. i typed /vert and not /load vert
Old 08-18-2002, 10:29 AM   #86
Velorek
A Treant

Sokol, just PM'ed you with the info.

Thanks a bunch for the help. I'm hoping that your changes used in conjunction with the original XML file will help me better understand how to manipulate this code myself in the future. That way I can tinker with it without troubling other folks like yourself and can also protect myself in case Verant decides to patch the Player_Wnd file in the future. Ack!
Old 08-18-2002, 01:44 PM   #87
Bruuss
A Treant

Remember that if you don't like a particular window in this mod, you can find another one you do like the setup of and copy it to this mods folder and overwrite it and now you are using the new window. Since you are using the windows_pieces files from Vert's skin these "imported" windows will take on the graphical look of his skin. (Window look, gauges, buttons, etc...)
Old 08-18-2002, 05:16 PM   #88
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol
Default Velorek's Request

Here it is. I realy don't like the weight on it, makes it unecesarily longer, and just doesn't show right, also the HP may scroll off the side if it does let me know. (haven't tested it with a char at 1k + HP..

Old 08-18-2002, 06:04 PM   #89
Velorek
A Treant

Sokol,

Love what you did but I agree with you in that it's a little too large. I'd like to keep it as close to the same size as the standard Vert player window as possible.

How 'bout this? Using your new mod as the reference, move Agi and Dex to where Wis and Int are and just drop Wis, Int and Cha altogether. Also drop Lvl and all the resists too as I'm just gonna use the standard Vert resists with icons and be happy about it. As for the HPs, they do run over with 4 digits so I'm thinking maybe we put current and max on the same line as the weight. In my head, it would something like this:

Str str# Agi agi# AC ac#
Sta sta# Dex dex# ATK atk#
Wt currentwt/maxwt HP currenthp/maxhp

If the width on that last line is still a problem, how bout just putting currentwt/maxwt and currenthp/maxhp and just leaving off the labels for both?

Once again, thanks again for your work on this. I'm slowly getting a grasp on it but the key word is "slowly".

Velorek
Old 08-18-2002, 06:10 PM   #90
Furinex
A Hill Giant

In response to everyone who said "This mod isnt very caster friendly", vert said that he made this mod for himself and just let it go public. But in defence of the casters, people who want the T. King Spellbar might be disapointed. or maybe its just me. I for one cant get it to run. It keeps telling me that it cant load the skin so it reverts to the default. I have narrowed it down to the spellbar, it works fine without it. Interesting stuff. I think its a conflict with the spell gem look in window pieces and the custom one T.King made...