Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-21-2002, 09:31 PM   #106
xviolatorx
A Gray Wolf

Call me a noob, but i extracted it to c:/program files/sony/everquest trilogy/uifiles and i type in /loadskin in eq and the only thing that pops up is the original new ui.

So i tried logging out and doing it, but to no avial. What am i doing wrong?
Old 10-21-2002, 09:39 PM   #107
Emmuar
A Fire Beetle

I'm lost, I downloaded everything but it doesn't just show up..
is there something I have to do with the downloaded files to make it actually work, like replace them in place of the other old ones?
Old 10-22-2002, 01:59 AM   #108
zoviet
A Fire Beetle

Default .

Quote:
That is the long compass window. Use the small compass window.

I copied the small compass window file over. There is no small stat/resist box. All that exists now is the compass.

I also dont see a buff window (yes i have the button pressed at the top and yes i have a EQUI-Buffwindow file, yes ive tried to use viewport, yes ive tried to changed resolutions). For some reason, the small stat/resist box and buff window never want to show up on my machine. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited by zoviet : 10-22-2002 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:57 AM   #109
phaoz
A Fire Beetle

just donloaded file everything works fone except i can't get the chat window to move.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:36 AM   #110
Emmuar
A Fire Beetle

can someone tell me, step by step how to get this working? I just downloaded it all and have no clue what to do from here
Old 10-22-2002, 12:16 PM   #111
Haloo
A Bat

Thumbs up Almost perfect

Id like to start by saying what so many others have said and that is thank you for all the work you have done and for the very nice mod. That being said I'd like to see if I could get a bit of help with the issue im having. I downloaded the new mouse icon and for some odd reason Im getting no icon at all. Just a invisable mouse pointer. As you could imagian this makes it a bit harder to play. I downloaded the new mouse zip and than extraced it right to the kaoriV3 folder. Did I miss something here? One other cosmetic thing I was wondering about is there any possable way to get the old casting bar back. The new graphic is very pretty but after playing for a few years I've grown attached to the old pink casting bar, O and one last thing. How would i go about moving the lag meter? Thank you ahead of time for your help and hard work.

Last edited by Haloo : 10-22-2002 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:17 PM   #112
Kelrizzo
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to Kelrizzo
Talking Nice

Job well done, and I love the effort that is going into keeping the skin current.

Thank you very much
Old 10-22-2002, 12:59 PM   #113
talynskael
A Gray Wolf

Server: Brell Serelis
Send a message via ICQ to talynskael Send a message via AIM to talynskael Send a message via Yahoo to talynskael
Default a few tweaks

**EDIT** Links Broken and stuffs.... new post here http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...17477#post17477

i noticed a few people wanting diff little tweaks and stuff, and i thought i would post mine to show what all i have done

i'm using the tking buff icons, tking's latest inventory, Celtic, it goes nice with the overall feel of KaoUI, i've got the latest Pet Window, so your friends window works great for those that use it, and currently i'm still playing around with the caster version of this mod, i'll put that up here so you can see the diff (i'll have both a bar cast window, and the arcane orb included)

Screenshot (My warrior sucks atm, so ignore his stats, lol)

Download Melee Version

i'll double check and try to get all the different resolutions into the INI's so it'll work for everyone, and hopefully post a caster version pretty soon

i hope this helps Kaori and Cairenn a little bit so they can continue doing great work with keeping this working and updated thru all the various VI patches, if either one of you two would like me to tweak settings and test or what not, i'd be more then happy to help, you can shoot me an email at [email protected]

Last edited by talynskael : 10-26-2002 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:00 PM   #114
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: Almost perfect

Quote:
Originally posted by Haloo
Id like to start by saying what so many others have said and that is thank you for all the work you have done and for the very nice mod. That being said I'd like to see if I could get a bit of help with the issue im having. I downloaded the new mouse icon and for some odd reason Im getting no icon at all. Just a invisable mouse pointer. As you could imagian this makes it a bit harder to play. I downloaded the new mouse zip and than extraced it right to the kaoriV3 folder. Did I miss something here? One other cosmetic thing I was wondering about is there any possable way to get the old casting bar back. The new graphic is very pretty but after playing for a few years I've grown attached to the old pink casting bar, O and one last thing. How would i go about moving the lag meter? Thank you ahead of time for your help and hard work.

Did you also download the graphics file? There were two files you needed to download to get the other mouse icon working.

New version that will be released this weekend has a regular cast bar (attached the file if you want to use it).

Lag meter can only be moved by using viewport (it always stays in the top left corner).
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_castingwindow.zip (798 Bytes, 15 views)
Old 10-22-2002, 09:40 PM   #115
phaoz
A Fire Beetle

as far as i can tell the chat window isn't locked and im also getting the your xml needs to be updated message
Old 10-22-2002, 09:44 PM   #116
Amara Skye
A Gray Wolf

Ever since the the 21st patch, I can't seem to get the skin up. I made the appropriate changes and it still doesn't work. (even copied the files Cairenn posted) So I will just wait until the new version is out

Thanks again for an awesome job!
Old 10-23-2002, 01:14 PM   #117
TorstenHolmes
A Bat

I LOVE THE mOD, BUT AFTER PATCH DOESNT WORK FOR ME ANYMORE, NOT EVEN WITH CHANGES MADE AND POSTED.

ANYONE OUT HERE ABLE TO POST A LINK FOR DOWNLOAD THE WORKING VERSION.???
Old 10-23-2002, 05:47 PM   #118
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I believe I know why some of you cannot get the UI to work. What does your uierrors.txt file (in /Everquest/ main folder) say after you try to load it?

If you copied both the raid window and raid options window into your kaoriv3 folder you should delete them, you only need them in the default folder. If you copied your EQUI.xml file over as well, that is probably the problem - but now that you have copied it, do not delete it. Open it up in wordpad or notepad and add <Include>EQUI_Kaori.xml</Include> as the last "include" in the same style as the others if you don't have it there already.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:08 PM   #119
Excemus
A Gray Wolf

Server: Morell Thule
Send a message via AIM to Excemus
Default inv

my inv is all messed up with your UI, its as if the graphic for the background of it is too big for the window size... help?
thx

Magelo Profile
(Special thanks to t.king for the background to my sig)
Old 10-23-2002, 06:29 PM   #120
kridak
A Bat

Default doesnt work?

Does this work wioth PoP? I keep getting errors when i try and /Loadskin uifiles true

I read the faq it seems pretty easy but alas it wont work.